PDA

View Full Version : RPG Maker...

The Silent Assassin
03-21-2002, 05:49 AM
RPG Maker! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1340223421)

The original...

Dragon Omega
03-21-2002, 06:39 AM
DAMMIT! Too bad I'm broke...:mischief:

Pryme8
03-21-2002, 02:21 PM
ive got it already

Daarkseid
03-21-2002, 03:45 PM
Nah, thats only its sequel, RPGmaker 2. There was an RPG Maker already sold for the SFC before this one.

One thing I'm wondering though, is what that slot is at the top of RPGmaker 2? Some kinda slot for a storage device to store your game on after you've completed it?

Originally posted by Pryme8
ive got it already

Now am I to understand that you already own RPGMaker 2 for the Super Famicom home entertainment system? Or are you just talking about the PC version of RPGmaker2k which nearly all of us who post in GGD have?

The point of this isn't to have a copy of an RPGmaker software on any platform to make our own RPGs, its to marvel at this older version that was made for one of our favorite gaming platforms and never givin a US release(because back then, Americans hated RPGs).

Pryme8
03-22-2002, 05:35 PM
i have the counsle game!!! not just RPG2k :-)

Daarkseid
03-22-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Pryme8
i have the counsle game!!! not just RPG2k :-)

Really? Is it any of the SFC versions? Or is it RPG maker for the PSX that was released in 2000?

Flash Man
03-22-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Daarkseid
Nah, thats only its sequel, RPGmaker 2. There was an RPG Maker already sold for the SFC before this one.

One thing I'm wondering though, is what that slot is at the top of RPGmaker 2? Some kinda slot for a storage device to store your game on after you've completed it?

It resembles a slot for a Game Boy game. There were a bunch of RPG Maker games for Gameboy too. Maybe they could interact with each other?

Daarkseid
03-22-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Flash Man

It resembles a slot for a Game Boy game. There were a bunch of RPG Maker games for Gameboy too. Maybe they could interact with each other?

Possibly... also the Japanese were fortunate enough to have some truly wonderful game peripherals marketed to them(like this kick ass SFC controller that could be held and used by just ONE hand, and was meant for playing RPGs.)

I'm sure they could very will have had other storage devices and peripherals for use with the RPGmaker 2 that we don't know of... or it could be like you said, some way of connecting GB games to the RPGmaker 2 cart.

Mak-X
03-22-2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Daarkseid

Possibly... also the Japanese were fortunate enough to have some truly wonderful game peripherals marketed to them(like this kick ass SFC controller that could be held and used by just ONE hand, and was meant for playing RPGs.)

There was one of those controllers for Playstation from what I remember from EGM a long time ago.

A GB cart used for storage of rpgs would be possible, and more practicle than creating a new format.

Pryme8
03-22-2002, 10:11 PM
its for SFC i dont have a playstation