PDA

View Full Version : Placement of doors other than the default

I(ainen
03-20-2002, 10:15 PM
How would you place doors in odd parts of the wall, besides smack dab in the middle like the default walls. So that you can just walk thru onto the next screen without having to worry about graphic glitches. I have gotten a really good idea. But the only thing that doesn't work with it is the shutters are missing their graphic when you walk thru them entering the screen.
I have see examples of these kind of techniques in the "Revenge 2nd Quest" but I have not been able to duplicate them completely. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

JayeM
03-20-2002, 11:09 PM
For the shutters, use as a secret combo the tile for the shutter door and check the screen flag "enemies-->secret".

DarkFlameWolf
03-21-2002, 01:46 AM
*yawns* ^_^
Neat little tricky. :)

C-Dawg
03-21-2002, 02:21 AM
Yea, Darky is the master of all Zquest tricks, arnt you, D-spice?
-C

DarkFlameWolf
03-21-2002, 10:52 AM
you want me I can tell! :kawaii:
well I know most, but since I got the latest beta, still figuring out all these weird new things! o_O

Jigglysaint
03-21-2002, 01:32 PM
Please forgive these newbies bragging. The only thing you need to remember is that you can put an open door anywhere except for the upper wall. That is because of the invisible barrier that keeps Link from getting stuck in the wall. Second, you have to place the tiles, you just can't seelect a door from the door menu. Third, locked doors won't work. To make a secret shutter door, go to the secret combo screen and for the secret flags 16-31, put the open door tiles in there. Then, add those flags to the shutter door that is on the left or right wall(since you can really only put on those walls). Make sure that if its enemies that are triggering it, set the screen flag to do so. Also note that the secret flags will be reset in levels that use the "dungeon" map style. That's because secrets are set to reset with those.

Making remote shutter doors(doors that open after killing enemies in another room)are harder and I'll tell you only if you want to know.

Qale
03-21-2002, 01:37 PM
I put doors in odd places by placing the drawn tiles myself and changing them to stair or cave entrances and doing insta warps. But that wouldn't work if you're trying to get a scrolling effect.

Qale