PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions

KingArthur
03-20-2002, 08:29 PM
#1... Golden ring isnt in cheat menu yet :D

#2 Transparencies: I suggested this a long time ago, and it was written off as too hard, I thought that it might be feasible in windows. The ability to make certain colors transparent on different layers and sprites. Maybe by having a button in the sprite selector and combo editor that opens up a pallete and allows you to choose transparent colors. I'm not sure how hard it would be, but it should be alot easier now.

This would allow you to create sunbeams transparent sparkles, and all kids of neat stuff. Maybe later you could add distotion effects as well (like the combo behind the fire wavering) But that would definately be hard to add.

Repton
03-21-2002, 04:33 AM
#2 Transparencies: I suggested this a long time ago, and it was written off as too hard, I thought that it might be feasible in windows. The ability to make certain colors transparent on different layers and sprites. Maybe by having a button in the sprite selector and combo editor that opens up a pallete and allows you to choose transparent colors. I'm not sure how hard it would be, but it should be alot easier now.

I don't think it makes any difference being in Windows, since it's still using a 256 colour base, the only way to make transparency is to index a transparency table which would either lead to the loss of palette maps (for each sprite you would need 2 sets of at least 2 sets of colours) or inaccurate transparency (using whatever colours are available). As far as I can see, the only way to do this is still pseudo transparency (i.e. dithered).

Repton.

Cyclone
03-21-2002, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Repton
I don't think it makes any difference being in Windows, since it's still using a 256 colour base, the only way to make transparency is to index a transparency table which would either lead to the loss of palette maps (for each sprite you would need 2 sets of at least 2 sets of colours) or inaccurate transparency (using whatever colours are available). As far as I can see, the only way to do this is still pseudo transparency (i.e. dithered).

Ah, the advantages of being an administrator...I hadn't thought Repton looked in here. :laughing:

Cyclone
[email protected]

Cronic
03-21-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by KingArthur
#1... Golden ring isnt in cheat menu yet :D

FYI ;) Suggestion number one pertains to the beta so you got lucky and thgis which would otherwise be moved to suggestions gets to stay, but in the future plese go there like everyone else ;)

Daarkseid
03-22-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Cyclone

Ah, the advantages of being an administrator...I hadn't thought Repton looked in here. :laughing:

Cyclone
[email protected]

And while you're at it, why don't you check the Credits in any of the latest betas released for ZC.

Warlock
03-22-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Repton

Repton.

Yep.. although I believe it was DN's plan to up the color antee as soon as he gets around to it.. probably after he gets all the windows bugs and stuff worked out first..

Cyclone
03-22-2002, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Daarkseid
And while you're at it, why don't you check the Credits in any of the latest betas released for ZC.

Looks.

OH! I understand now. :)

Cyclone
[email protected]

Warlock
03-22-2002, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Cyclone

Looks.

OH! I understand now. :)

Cyclone
[email protected]

Yeah, forgot about that.. Repton did the Windows port (quite nicely I might add! And QUICK!)

KingArthur
03-22-2002, 03:56 PM
I wanted to keep it in one thread and I couldnt just go blabbing about the windows version of ZC now could I?

I'll try to avoid doin it again though (although the Gold ring thing could be considered a bug :D)