PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 141

Dark Nation
03-20-2002, 09:47 AM
What's new/fixed:

1. Modified the QSU import/export so that is doesn't waste space due to the increased string limit.

2. Gohma 3. Need 3 silver (or 2 gold) arrows to kill. Shoots 3 fireballs (like Aquamentus, only downward).

3. Gohma 4. Need 2 gold arrows to kill. Whenever the eye is open, shoots a stream of flames (like the Fire Gleeoks do).

4. Fixed the bug where the windows version would sometimes crash when looking at light (not requiring a bracelet) pushblocks with the lens.

5. Tweaked the pushblock viewing with lens code. Now, the pushblock blinks slowly. If a bracelet is needed for the pushblock, then that bracelet flickers on the pushblock.

6. Finally fixed the titlescreen. Requires a new zgp.dat file.

7. Began work on a modified map import feature. With it, group quests will be easier. Imagine you have two maps set up like this:

ABCD ----
---E NOP-
-HGF M---
---- LKJI

Basically, two interlocking spirals. Before, you had to import one onto a separate map and manually copy screens over. Now, blank screens are not imported (unless you specify "full copy").

So, before, an import would overwrite what you already had. Now:

ABCD ----
---E NOP-
-HGF M---
---- LKJI
<-import

produces:

ABCD
NOPE
MHGF
LKJI

What if you already have a screen where an imported screen will be? There is an option to specify which screen (original or import) takes priority.

Unfortunately, this feature isn't complete yet. Selecting any of the options other than "Full Copy" will clear your map for some reason. *shrug*

I'm sure that the bug that previously was corrupting quests that had exactly 256 combos is still around. I think it's a roaming bug, though, so something else may trigger it now. You might want to turn on the auto-backup feature.

As for the format of QSU files now (this is for FCF), it's the same, except the string part is now like that of the string export:

typedef unsigned short word
typedef unsigned char byte
typedef struct message {
char s[73];
char s1,s2,s3;
} message

short version
byte build
word strings
strings * sizeof(message)

Before, it would store all the message strings in the file, even if you only had 1.

Anyway, here are the files:

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 141 for DOS (http://www.armageddongames.com/darknation/beta/zc192b141/zc192b141d.exe)
+zelda.exe
+zquest.exe

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 141 for Windows (http://www.armageddongames.com/darknation/beta/zc192b141/zc192b141w.exe)
+zelda-w.exe
+zquest-w.exe

If you missed them the last time around, here are the support archives:

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 141+ Support Archive (http://www.armageddongames.com/darknation/beta/zc192b141/zc192b141s.exe)
+1st.qst
+2nd.qst
+3rd.qst
+new enemy tiles.pdf
+new.til
+newfirst-fixed.qst
+zelda.dat
+zgp.dat
+zquest.dat

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 126+ Windows Support Archive (http://www.armageddongames.com/darknation/beta/zc192b126/zc192b126ws.exe)
+alleg40.dll

If you already have the beta 139+ support archive, just download these two files:

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 141 NewDefault patch (http://www.armageddongames.com/darknation/beta/zc192b141/zgp.dat)
+zgp.dat

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 136+ ZQuest help file (http://www.armageddongames.com/darknation/beta/zc192b139/zquest.txt) (you may need to right-click on this and do a "save as").
+zquest.txt

Overlord
03-20-2002, 10:04 AM
Good stuff, can't wait to try out the new Gohmas. btw, do you already have tiles for them in the new enemies list? or do you still have to add them?

EDIT: Gohma 3 is harder than Gohma 4. Gohma 4 sucks :tongue:
The fireballs G3 throws are unblockable (good) the flames G4 spoputs are blockable with the mirror shield. all you need to do is stand there and he can't hurt you, a couple of well timed arrows and voila! I'd suggest modifying his flames so they ignore all shields, that oughta do it ;)

Cyclone
03-20-2002, 10:34 AM
Version history file updated for 141.

DN, the only new file in the support archive is zgp.dat, correct? I usually download the whole thing just in case... :laughing:

(Sorry. Forgot to attach in the first msg. of mine here. You may delete if you wish.)

{Edit} Attachment removed. Damn software won't let me upload the same attachment twice, even with a different filename. It's now in the beta reports topic in ZC Disc. {/Edit}

Cyclone
[email protected]

JayeM
03-20-2002, 11:50 AM
Is there any chance of doubling the size of the window? I thought it was just my old eyes till someone else (overlord) mentioned it. I think that's why some of us are sticking to the DOS version.

Dark Nation
03-20-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Cyclone
DN, the only new file in the support archive is zgp.dat, correct?

Correct.

Originally posted by JayeM
Is there any chance of doubling the size of the window? I thought it was just my old eyes till someone else (overlord) mentioned it. I think that's why some of us are sticking to the DOS version.

I'll look into that for beta 142.

4matsy
03-20-2002, 01:20 PM
Dang it, and I just downloaded 140 a few hours ago...!!! :laughing:

Originally posted by overlord147
Gohma 3 is harder than Gohma 4. Gohma 4 sucks :tongue:
The fireballs G3 throws are unblockable (good) the flames G4 spoputs are blockable with the mirror shield. all you need to do is stand there and he can't hurt you, a couple of well timed arrows and voila! I'd suggest modifying his flames so they ignore all shields, that oughta do it ;)
Yeah, I agree. Or maybe make G4 just spray a bunch of unblockable fireballs all over the place...:evil:

The new Gohmas' hit detection is one tile too far to the right, by the way. Try standing to the left or right side of Gohma and tossing the boomerang...I know the new Gohmas do this, but I haven't tested it on the originals yet...

Cyclone
03-20-2002, 02:51 PM
I wonder if the idea of using Gohma 4 is basically when Link doesn't have a Magic (or better) Shield. In which case, it should be Gohma 3. :laughing:

As for Gohma3 (as current), I got to give 'ol Link a workout.

BTW, the dungeon setups do not automatically show up now, as I remember them doing in the past; i.e., the "template" is absolutely useless. Is it possible to put in a default combo page for when the program opens? I did my tests with a cave (some cave, with a bunch of trees acting as a border...), but they still worked nonetheless for my task.

Silly me, though; I tried my test with 0 Rupees. Result: no arrows. :laughing: I upped to 50 for another try. ;)

Cyclone
[email protected]

Nightmare
03-20-2002, 03:27 PM
Enemies work well, but the pushblocks are broken: They don't flicker and the bracelets don't flash (at least the Windows version)

-NJS-

Starkist
03-20-2002, 06:05 PM
Slow octorocks animate too quickly for some reason. I haven't checked each tile yet, but I haven't messed with them. They looked normal in the previous beta.

Chronos
03-20-2002, 11:27 PM
Man...I hate being gone for a few days...Downloads not working...stupid AOL...

I'm going to try to test that 256 combo bug DN keeps posting...

I tried many things...Exporting everything...Saving is multiple times...Nothing got bugged up. Either the bug is eraticated, doesn't happen on Windows 98, or is, like DN said, a roming bug.

JayeM
03-21-2002, 05:46 AM
What are the 5 misc. secret combo slots and what order are they in? I know reflected fireball, hookshot, and strike, but I'm at a loss from there.

Dark Nation
03-21-2002, 06:55 AM
In order: reflected fireball, hookshot, wand (the actual wand, not the magic it creates), hammer, strike.

JayeM
03-21-2002, 07:37 AM
Thanx. I was considering adding enemy details to the help file, what tiles and csets they use especially, and a guide to the trigger enemy. Would this be a good idea? Oh, and what csets do the new gohmas use?