PDA

View Full Version : Anyone good at German?

Cyclone
03-20-2002, 02:11 AM
I'm going through the QDB, and found a quest submitted - rather oddly - as 1st.qst.

Upon reading the submission, I understood why; the text is mostly in German.

Two paragraphs:

Zur Zeit noch keine großen Änderungen, aber die Vergangenheit wird kommen

[b[Der letzte Kampf im Brillenfelsen gegen Ganon. Doch ist er wirklich schon besiegt. Die größere Gefahr lauert in der Vergangenheit[/b]

So what do these mean? Go to the submission (http://questdb.armageddongames.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=000013) and see.

Cyclone
[email protected]

DarkFlameWolf
03-20-2002, 02:41 AM
Prince might know, he speaks German.

Foxx
03-20-2002, 03:43 AM
That submission looks extremely interesting. I'm downloading it right now.

Emaleth of Donn
03-20-2002, 05:03 AM
Hmm, roughly Cyclone...

At present still no large modifications, but the past will come.
The last fight in eyeglass rock against Ganon. But it is really already defeated. The larger danger lurks? in the past.

Sorry but I don't know enough for proper grammer, only basics. :-)

Foxx
03-20-2002, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by Emaleth of Donn
At present still no large modifications, but the past will come.

Well, he's changed very little from bs1st.qst. There are now some houses around where you start, and scattered here and there in the rest of the overworld. All the dungeons are still the same and in the same places (I've had only to play through level 1 and peek into some other level entrances to see this). And most of the strings are still untranslated -- that is, still in their original English! :spin: What he's saying is that the quest takes place in the past, before the first LoZ quest, and eventually his quest will completely take the form of this "past."

The last fight in eyeglass rock against Ganon. But it is really already defeated. The larger danger lurks? in the past.

The last fight takes place in Spectacle Rock against Ganon, as expected. How you can confront him when he's "already defeated," and what this "larger danger" can possibly be, are still enigmas to me.

That which has changed, though small, shows excellent promise. The new graphics are outstanding; in the near future I expect to see some bids for his tileset. :) In the northwest area of the overworld is a mysterious dungeon which you apparently need the hammer to get into. It'll be interesting to see his new levels, and where he moves them, although it would be nice if there were a translation (it'll end up all being in German) for the American, Canadian and British users of ZC. :) From what I can see, this quest is one to await and the final product will be absolutely awesome.

Emaleth of Donn
03-20-2002, 06:39 AM
Well, with what little German I know, along with my computer dictionary & the Babelfish translator, that's what I was able to come up with. Most of the time if you have an inkling of German, you can figure out words by the look of them.

But I agree with Foxx, nice work he has done.

K-Teclis
03-21-2002, 09:51 AM
I am from germany and it means:

1. In present, no big changes but the past will come
2. the last fight with Ganon in the Eyglass Rock. But is he really defeated? A bigger menace is in the past...

this is correct translated (except some words I don't know in english, but the sence is correct)
Better use bigger instead of larger!
I hope I helped you!