PDA

View Full Version : Connectix VGS on Windows 2000?

Skatche
03-19-2002, 04:58 PM
I have a bit of a problem... I'm trying to install CVGS (the Playstation emulator) on my laptop so I can play it at school; problem is, it's running Windows 2000, and CVGS says it's incompatible with WinNT. I've tried changing the "OS" environment variable to "Windows_98", but that doesn't fool the installer. So, is there any way to get CVGS working on my laptop short of repartitioning and installing Windows 98 or ME? Alternatively, can anyone recommend another PSX emulator except Bleem (I really don't like Bleem)?

MottZilla
03-19-2002, 05:15 PM
I don't think so. You need a compatable OS and Win2K plain doesn't work. Try setting Win95 though... I think that might work. For whatever you set win98, try win95 instead.

AtmaWeapon
03-20-2002, 12:01 AM
I can't get Connectix to work at all. I have a Pentium 4, and it tells me I must have a Pentium or better to run Connectix (no lie, that is the EXACT error message), so I guess it's just screwed on my computer.

MottZilla
03-20-2002, 12:13 AM
Actually... you need the VGS Pentium 4 patch. I can't give you a link though, forgot where to get it.