PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Sony!!!!!!

linkofzelda1
03-19-2002, 10:13 AM
Ok, everything that I have bought within the last year made by sony has fallen apart. My laptop literally blew up... my desktop just stopped working, and when I restarted it, it just froze, so now I use the system recovery disks (Or whatever they're called) and disk #2 is corrupt... my camcorder just stopped working... my brother's digital camera stopped working... my ac-dc inverter got fried...THIS IS PISSING ME OFFFFFF!!!!!! I HATE SONY!!!!!!!!!

Hermit
03-19-2002, 10:40 AM
And yet you still keep buying Sony....

DarkPanther
03-19-2002, 10:45 AM
Hmm... maybe Sony just hates you.

You know... those user manuals DO actually have important information in them lately. Things you wouldn't normally think or being careful about or how to care for certain things. I've got a lot of Sony products (ps2, receiver, laptop, subwoofer, digicam, etc...) and they all work fine.

Jemsee
03-19-2002, 12:59 PM
I always considered Sony to be a top of the line production co.
Never had any trouble with any of there productes, but anything in mass proudection must spit out a lemon sometimes.

J.J. Maxx
03-19-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by DarkPanther
I've got a lot of Sony products (ps2... and they all work fine.

:lol: Oh c'mon DP, we all know your PS2 is flakier than a box of Crispex. :thumbsup:

Masamune
03-19-2002, 01:08 PM
sony makes good stuff!! it's all just a big conspiracy to give a crap products!

DarkPanther
03-19-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by JJMaxx

:lol: Oh c'mon DP, we all know your PS2 is flakier than a box of Crispex. :thumbsup:

After a year and a half of that kind of abuse, I don't expect anything that's gone through that to work 100%. :tongue: It still reads DVD movies and games fine, just needs a new red lazah. :D My studies have proven that if you smoke heavily around, burn incense on, accidentally drop-kick, smother and overheat, drop, and expose to freezing temperatures, a Sony product will still retain 75% functionality after 1 and a half years.

Heck, I'd say that's a well made product. :laughing:

Masamune
03-19-2002, 01:14 PM
you and you're 75% working PS2.......

VEL
03-19-2002, 04:48 PM
My family had alot of problems with sony products also. We had a sony vcr it was the best one they made and it constantly ate tapes, even after being sent to them for repairs at least twice (it never got fixed) and it seemed to like eating sony tapes the most. My sister had a sony boombox that recorded from cds at the wrong speed, and alot of tapes wouldn't even fit in. We had some sony cdrs and over half of them were messed up, if you looked at them they had some stuff all over them, don't know what it was, but you could tell if it was a bad one by looking at it right after it was opened.

Dart Zaidyer
03-19-2002, 05:12 PM
My advice:
Take great care of your electronics first. If you come here with your hands covered in chocolate syrup and a curcuitboard on your shoe or a piece of disc up your nose, you won't get support from me.
If this isn't the case, I would blame it on someone working sick at the factory when he should have been home, heh. It happens.

VEL
03-19-2002, 06:58 PM
My family takes good care of our stuff. The sony vcr is the only one we really had problems with, the other ones wore out from many years of use and the sony one screwed up pretty fast and even after we sent it to sony for repairs at least twice (it was still under warranty) it still didn't work right (they never fixed it right). We ended using an older vcr (we bought the sony one to replace that one), because the older one was more reliable. The boombox was always screwed up i guess, I don't know why it recorded at the wrong speed, and the problem with tapes not fitting seemed to be bad design. The cdrs were defective, they were bad right after they were opened. We've never had problems with other vcrs, boomboxes, or cdrs, we've only had problems with the sony ones.

inori
03-19-2002, 07:07 PM
I'm pretty sure Sony, like all reputable electronics manufacturers, provides warranties on the things they make. Save your receipts; then you can usually get things that go bad repaired or replaced.

Of course, this won't help if you store your PS2 in a dusty barn, spill soda inside, drop it off a building, or run over it with your car. (I remember reading years ago about someone who backed over their 8-bit Nintendo with a car. They cleaned it up, straightened out the worst of the wreckage, and it still worked. That was a well-built system.)

CH@O$
03-20-2002, 10:46 AM
yea but with only 8-bits you expect something more, durability was the next best option

LittleBuddy
03-20-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by JJMaxx

come on then, make something better yourself, or shove a sock up where it hurts the most! :tongue: j/k

Linus
Edit: misspelled :eek:

ryucountX
03-20-2002, 04:41 PM
*gasps*... *faints*...

YOU PEOPLE ACTUALLY LIKE SONY! You're all mad! everything breaks, really quikly, the helpline features some really moody people who don't help you at all, and the ps2 is crud copared to gamecube!
(Hint, I don't like Sony)
By the way, is sony pronounced "sonny" or "soeney"?:angry:

The Savior
03-20-2002, 05:30 PM
It's pronounced "soeney"

Anyway, I respect any company that can make a
Minidisc player that still works after being dropped as much as mine has. :thumbsup:

DarkPanther
03-20-2002, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by LittleBuddy
come on then, make something better yourself, or shove a sock up where it hurts the most! :tongue: j/k
Nah, he's just playin'. A few of the guys here know my PS2's been abused in it's early days and so it's my fault it doesn't work 100%. :tongue:

Originally posted by ryucountX
YOU PEOPLE ACTUALLY LIKE SONY! You're all mad! everything breaks, really quikly, the helpline features some really moody people who don't help you at all....
Have you ever stopped to think just how friggin' huge Sony is? Go ahead, I'll give you that chance now............. for instance, go to just www.sony.com and see how fast you can get lost in all the different branches of it. And if people like you called me all day every day at my job, I'd be more than moody my friend. I'm thankful there's people that can somehow stand to keep a job like that at all. I had to call Sony once and they were your normal help line. I think you're just bias....

Originally posted by ryucountX
.....the ps2 is crud copared to gamecube!

Oops! Silly me, you admitted that already. Heh... I like Nintendo, but I don't think the PS2 is "crud" compared to Gamecube. But since you've got your head so far up your rear already it's probably a lost cause to even shine a light on that now....

Oh, welcome to AGN.

AlexMax
03-20-2002, 08:20 PM
.....the ps2 is crud copared to gamecube!

Nintendo may rule, but Nintendo doesn't have FreQuency.

I don't think I have to elaborate any further on that...

Raichu86
03-20-2002, 09:54 PM
And their game systems suck too. :D

The only Sony thing I have is headphones. When they break I won't buy Sony ones again (I despise Sony and PS1/2).

Radium
03-20-2002, 10:57 PM
I love Sony, they make the best stuff, everything I've gotten from them has been better than anything from any other company :)... You must have really bad luck or something :P