PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 140

Dark Nation
03-19-2002, 09:29 AM
What's new/fixed:

1. Auto-backup option (under the Etc.->Options menu). Turn it on and every time you save, your quest will also be exported with the same name and a qsb extension.

2. More strings. Around 65k of them. If anyone thinks they need more, their quest is just too long. :p

3. Red candle flame fixed when it was broken due to the new red candle flag.

4. Quest rule for holding item animation has been done. I forgot to rename it, though. It's the first reserved rule on rules page 2.

5. Now, if you hit cancel on any of the rules or init data pages, your previous information comes back. Before, it would only restore the previous information for the page you were on.

6. Found the cause of the titlescreen and "All of Treasures" screen bugs. I've fixed the "All of Treasures" screen (I think), and plan to fix the titlescreen tomorrow.

I'm sure that the bug that previously was corrupting quests that had exactly 256 combos is still around. I think it's a roaming bug, though, so something else may trigger it now. You might want to turn on the auto-backup feature.

As for the format of QSU files now (this is for FCF), I will be changing the format again with beta 141 (I forgot to enhance the string function in the QSU importer/exporter). You might want to wait until then before updating mapmaker.

Anyway, here are the files:

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 140 for DOS (http://www.armageddongames.com/darknation/beta/zc192b140/zc192b140d.exe)
+zelda.exe
+zquest.exe

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 140 for Windows (http://www.armageddongames.com/darknation/beta/zc192b140/zc192b140w.exe)
+zelda-w.exe
+zquest-w.exe

If you missed them the last time around, here are the support archives:

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 139+ Support Archive (http://www.armageddongames.com/darknation/beta/zc192b139/zc192b139s.exe)
+1st.qst
+2nd.qst
+3rd.qst
+new enemy tiles.pdf
+new.til
+newfirst-fixed.qst
+zelda.dat
+zgp.dat
+zquest.dat

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 126+ Windows Support Archive (http://www.armageddongames.com/darknation/beta/zc192b126/zc192b126ws.exe)
+alleg40.dll

If you already have the beta 136+ support archive, just download these two files:

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 139 NewDefault patch (http://www.armageddongames.com/darknation/beta/zc192b139/zgp.dat)
+zgp.dat

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 136+ ZQuest help file (http://www.armageddongames.com/darknation/beta/zc192b139/zquest.txt) (you may need to right-click on this and do a "save as").
+zquest.txt

Dark Nation
03-19-2002, 12:36 PM
I just edited my original post in this topic. Remembered something else I added this morning (#6).

DemoQuestFan
03-19-2002, 12:39 PM
Error loading zgp.dat in ZQuest b140 Windows..and this is the one from the beta 139 update

Cyclone
03-19-2002, 12:50 PM
Updated the beta history.

Now includes 1.90 back to version 1.82 - a version I've never seen, as I arrived during 1.84.

DN, will you be including a history file? I'd like to update it as far back as the first version, unreleased or not, if possible. So bigjoe and overlord - or anyone else - I could use some help. ;)

Cyclone
[email protected]

Dark Nation
03-19-2002, 01:06 PM
Well, I suppose I could look through the code and see what has changed.

LReyome26, I'll look into the problem tomorrow morning. Anyone else having the same problem in ZQuest for Windows?

Nightmare
03-19-2002, 05:29 PM
How do you set up triggerable enemies? I'm looking at testing this feature pretty extensively.

-NJS-

Dark Nation
03-19-2002, 06:04 PM
I'm doing this from memory, so forgive if it's a little off.

Do this...

Make a dungeon.
Make 3 rooms, side by side.
Left room, make boss room and put enemy in it.
Middle room, make boss room and put trigger enemy in it. Also, make right door shutter. Finally, set room to enemies->shutters (I think).
Right room, put something nice in it.

Now, you can't get to the right room because you can't kill the trigger enemy in the middle room. However, if you kill the enemy in the left room, the "boss is dead" flag is triggered for the dungeon. Then, when you go to the middle room, the trigger enemy is already dead (because of the boss flag), so the shutters open, allowing you to go to the next room.

JayeM
03-19-2002, 06:27 PM
Cool, I was wondering about that. Do the 2 boss rooms have to be adjacent?

Jigglysaint
03-19-2002, 07:21 PM
Nope, and I THINK they can be on seperate maps as long as they're the same d-map. BTW, can multiple boss flags be implemented? I know that I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but just think of the possiblities!

BTW, thank's Darn Nation for adding the trigger enemy. Now events will work flawlessly(no triggering using the boomerang).

Starkist
03-19-2002, 07:38 PM
I messed with the triggers a tad but I don't seem to be getting it quite right. Do you think you could make an example quest, just few rooms, to show how its done?

Is it possible for a dmap to span multiple maps? I didn't think it was.

Jigglysaint
03-19-2002, 07:51 PM
Ohh, ohh, I get to do the example quest! I'll even see if the boss key trick still works.

fatcatfan
03-19-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Dark Nation
As for the format of QSU files now (this is for FCF), I will be changing the format again with beta 141 (I forgot to enhance the string function in the QSU importer/exporter). You might want to wait until then before updating mapmaker.

Doh! That's okay. Should be a minor change to my code. I really hope you aren't writing all 65k strings to the file.

Oh, and in regards to file size folks - .qst files are packed (sorta like a zip file) and text strings usually compress really well. just fyi.

Overlord
03-20-2002, 05:20 AM
Cyclone: What exactly do you need? Contact me either on AIM or by email, I'll see if I can help or not ;)

Trigger enemies work differently to what I expected, thanks for the walkthrough.

Cyclone
03-20-2002, 10:41 AM
OL, I'm putting it here in case others can help. :)

Basically, I'm looking for any beta information from back to version 1.9, and possibly any information from the pre-1.82 era (when I wasn't here myself). To put it bluntly, I am trying to put together a full version history, which can either be a separate file (possibly in Word format), or added to the Readme.

I obviously have 104 onwards, except for info from beta 115 at present. 113 may also not be complete; I noted obvious changes, such as new additions, etc. I could check my PMs, as I got 113 on 01/09/2002; further info may be there. Otherwise...:shrug:

Cyclone
[email protected]

DemoQuestFan
03-20-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Dark Nation
LReyome26, I'll look into the problem tomorrow morning. Anyone else having the same problem in ZQuest for Windows? [/B]

Never Mind..I solved the problem myself..I kept renaming the desktop shortcut without changing the actual program shortcut:banghead:

Cyclone
03-20-2002, 11:17 PM
{offtopic}

LReyome, your sig. is kinda long, ain't it?

{/offtopic}

Otay, so that wasn't really necessary...:tongue:

Cyclone
[email protected]