PDA

View Full Version : Spamtasia(Idea for a forum)

bigjoe
03-19-2002, 08:58 AM
Hey I had this idea for a forum where your post count never goes up but you are exempt from rules such as no double posting and stuff. Thoughts? It might sound bad at first , but if your post count never goes up double posting isnt like cheating , and the random off the wall comments you make there wont count towards your posts either.

The Savior
03-19-2002, 09:03 AM
I'd say that if for every 10 posts you made, your postcount would go down 1, then it'd be a good idea.

bigjoe
03-19-2002, 09:05 AM
Yeah, that would work , to show that spam isnt good for you

Dirk the Daring
03-19-2002, 10:09 AM
To create a forum for posting spam is not going to deter people from posting spam, no matter if you could set up a system where points are deducted. The general consenus around here is that it is a bad enough problem without encouraging it. People here have preached and preached about not posting spam, and then we get a forum dedicated to it, before long, oldies and newbies alike will be lying around the halls of AGN, smelling of urine, begging, drooling, fighting over cheese doodles, becoming addicts, and chanting "Spam, spam, is a fruit. The more you eat, the more you toot. w00t!!!!"

Overlord
03-19-2002, 11:37 AM
:lol:

I can see it now! You paint a funny picture there.

It could work, reducing spam in other forums. But spam is usually done for a reason. It's deliberate, no one accidentally posts spam. So if they're gonna do it, why would they do it in a forum that doesn't matter? they won't, they'll do it in GD. What would be the point :shrug:

bigjoe
03-19-2002, 11:57 AM
kind of like a "relief" if you will. If one person wants to say GWEE over and over he can do it to his hearts content without fearing . You should see what I have in notepad :evil:

Overlord
03-19-2002, 12:02 PM
yeah I can see how that might help.. notepad wouldn't cut it though. Why not get your own ezboard to spam on instead ;)

btw: congrats on reaching the 3k :thumbsup:

bigjoe
03-19-2002, 12:06 PM
hey, damnit , I didnt want to waste that post!

DarkDragon
03-19-2002, 03:37 PM
Bad idea. The members of this board who spam don't need any encouragement. Besides, I thought the designated place for this kind of "spem venting' was Forum Staff. :laughing:

The Silent Assassin
03-19-2002, 04:07 PM
You realize if we lost 1 post per 10 posts, I'd have lost 700 posts by now?

Skatche
03-19-2002, 04:11 PM
I think the idea, TSA, was that for every ten posts in Spamtasia, your post count would go down by one, and Spamtasia would also be like RPR in that posts there would not count.

VEL
03-19-2002, 04:33 PM
I think this is a good idea. I was actually thinking of suggesting it before. I find some spam funny.:thumbsup:

inori
03-19-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
You realize if we lost 1 post per 10 posts, I'd have lost 700 posts by now?

And you'd still be in the lead by 450 posts. :blah:

MasterSwordUltima
03-19-2002, 07:06 PM
Spamtasia...man, wait 'til Disney hears about this one...people making useless posts for nothing, billiant I tell ya!

richeva
03-20-2002, 10:54 AM
Well ,i think its a good idea. Get rid of the built up spam.
Its got to go somewhare

theplustwo
03-20-2002, 01:57 PM
the mods could move any spam threads there and the thread starter would lose post counts for putting it in GD.:D

Or, the thread starter could lose post count depending on how much spam he/she created by starting the thread.

BigJoe could be the moderator!!:kawaii: