PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Enemies

Starkist
03-19-2002, 01:07 AM
How exactly (step by step, point by point) do these work? I'm still somewhat confused about them. Perhaps Jigglysaint or someone else could make a short quest demonstrating their use? That might be helpful.

JayeM
03-19-2002, 01:16 AM
Great idea, I'm lost on that too.

Cyclone
03-19-2002, 01:27 AM
Quick elaboration.

Place the trigger enemy in a room with a shutter door that you want activated from elsewhere in a dungeon. Then, populate the room as usual with that trigger enemy in place; however, add the "boss room" screen flag to the screen.

Later, set up a dungeon boss room as usual, complete with boss flag.

What happens with this: the boss flag, as we know, activates on every screen on which it is active after all enemies have been defeated (hence why having two bosses is impossible). Hence, after defeating the boss, you return to the room where the trigger enemy is placed; since this screen has a boss flag, the trigger enemy no longer exists and the shutter opens.

Now, the last paragraph brought up an idea; how about an "enemies never return" screen flag? This can allow setup of, say, a sub-boss room.

Cyclone
[email protected]

Jigglysaint
03-19-2002, 03:25 PM
I think that was planned. I really want a flag that kills off the enemies when an item is gotten and a combo that does the same thing. This would be good because then making boss keys would be a heck of a lot easier.

I tried the trigger enemy and it really works just the way I want it to. I also want more boss flags so there could be more areas that are conjoined by secrets. Also would be nice would be a "flag destroys enemies" flag. So you bomb a wall with a hidden trigger enemy, leave the dungeon, warp to the future, and the wall will be open. Just like in OOA, level 6, but more cruder).

As I said, this enemy alone, with the right adjustments, will revolutionize Zquest on a grander scale than before. Oh, one more flag. Secret-item screen flag, so chests can be almost perfect.