PDA

View Full Version : I beat terranigma

jman2050
03-18-2002, 02:55 PM
My goodness. Terranigma's ending was... I can't say anything. It was really sad. Almost brought tears to my eyes (the only other game to come close was Lufia II). Well, after finally wasting 18 hours of my life beating it :D, I have a question. Is their a sequel to this game. I know there was a prequel, but it seems their might be a sequel also (For those of you who have beat it, you know what I am talking about. God, I hate cliffhangers :mad: ).

Arcayn
03-18-2002, 03:08 PM
There is no sequel. Terranigma is the end of the series AFAIK. And I thought that ending was pretty... "final"...

mikeron
03-18-2002, 03:15 PM
I beat terranigma Damn, good job. I played that game on SNES9x before I got a gamepad, so it took forever. Anyway, yeah, the game definitely has a much richer sense of drama to it than most.

Skatche
03-18-2002, 03:41 PM
Here's a Fascinating Fact you may or may not already know: not only did Terranigma have a prequel, it had two prequels. The series goes: Soulblazer, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma. Some people go even further, believing that E.V.O and the two Actraiser games fit into the series, but I'm not sure whether or not that's the case; after all, the three games in the "series" have little if any continuity, or even common elements. They don't have the same name, even.

Regardless, though, all the games I listed above are great, high-quality games. So you may as well play them and decide for yourself.

Arcayn
03-18-2002, 04:44 PM
I knew Soul Blazer and Illusion of Gaia were part of the same "series" as Terranigma. I've never played E.V.O. or the Actraiser games, so I don't know about those.

The only common things the 3 games have is they're action rpg's, as in similar gameplay. But I only really liked Terranigma. Soul Blazer was just too.. bland and simplistic, Illusion of Gaia had really cheesy story parts and was better overall, but I was only really impressed with Terranigma.

jman2050
03-18-2002, 05:41 PM
Yeah, the enidng did seem final except for that tiny part at the end. maybe they'll make a sequel, who knows. The game still rocks anyways :D .