PDA

View Full Version : AGN forums politics forum

Jigglysaint
03-18-2002, 01:59 PM
A new forum that is dedicated to discussion of AGN policies, legit complaints, post announcements(Like "I got 2000 posts!"), avatar and sig announcements, and anything else that is a major part of GD, but is all forum related. It would be like in RPR, no post count will rise and it would also allow things like the Word Association game, adn other games that arn't smart enough for Think Tank.

Any comments?

Cronic
03-18-2002, 02:13 PM
I'd like to see the members get an appeals forum for moderational actions, but that's just me.

Hermit
03-18-2002, 02:15 PM
And just think, this post would be in that new forum.... :laughing:
Wouldn't bother me one bit :)

Cheerio

Gerudo
03-18-2002, 02:17 PM
i think this is a good idea as well, with the one condition withstanding that posts dont count, because we all know what it would become.

good idea, JS :)

(edit: typo removal)

Zeo
03-18-2002, 02:17 PM
The New KTC alreay serves most of those Functions jiggly....

I'd rather see the Appeals Forum myself......Newmembers or GD (depending on who you ask) is for Milestones.............

Zaph moved mine into GD, so I'd say your safer there, as is I DON'T remember the admin that was for putting them in new members..............they might not even be an admn anymore

mike5000
03-18-2002, 02:19 PM
What is a n00b?

obi
03-18-2002, 03:02 PM
Jigly, did you cal yourself a n00b?:laughing:
Like your idea, so your posts DON't go up in RPR, I can see why.:D

Darunia
03-18-2002, 03:23 PM
Nice idea! If WA will be in that place, I will be the moderator! :laughing: (j/k)

Jigglysaint
03-18-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by obi
Jigly, did you cal yourself a n00b?:laughing:
Like your idea, so your posts DON't go up in RPR, I can see why.:D

Thought I'd just have some fun with that; I voted for that myself. So five people, including me voted that I am a n00b. Bet the other four were havig fun also.

As for the whole thing, an appeals forum would be good, even though I wouldn't use it(since I don't even get in trouble here). As for milestones, just wanted to find a way to make it so they don't count(remember Pryme*'s post?). Also Word Assocation, I believe, was where some people got their 1000 posts. If it was moved into a forum where post counts were disabled, it wouldn't be as spammy. On the otherhand, who's to critticize the Owner of the forums on where he can post? For all we care, Warlord could've posted this in ZC discussion(or KTC).

Skatche
03-18-2002, 05:04 PM
The problem is, it may go awry the way GB did. The General Bitching forum was supposed to be a place where you were actually allowed to bitch and piss and moan, thus keeping flames out of General Discussion and other forums. That was the idea, anyway. What happened was more or less the opposite; given a place where they could go crazy, the members of AGN got into the flaming mood. Huge flame wars broke out in GB and eventually "bled" into other forums, creating more flaming than there had been before the reinstation of GB.

In my opinion, the whole "cry out against the injustice of the evil forum staff empire" idea is pretty stupid. The forum staff can run this place however they damn well want (within the limit of the law, of course), and there's nothing we can do about it. They simply cannot please everyone, nor should they try to.

NerdWarrior
03-18-2002, 06:06 PM
There are a few problems with the poll. First, there's an option that is impossible to pick. Second, you posted a self-depreciating option, so many people will pick that one. Including myself :D.

I think that GD is fine for this. It's not for a useless thread like "1001 Lame Jokes" or anything. I think it's fine.

Jigglysaint
03-18-2002, 07:56 PM
If you guys didn't waste your vote on my attempt to make fun of myself, where you would spend the vote?

Paradox
03-18-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Darunia47
Nice idea! If WA will be in that place, I will be the moderator! :laughing: (j/k)

yeah i checked- you have 780+ posts on WA already...

and i dont think a new forum is a good idea, otherwise activity in this one would go down. and some of the so-called "spam" here isn't really spam

Overlord
03-19-2002, 11:24 AM
I honestly don't think any more forums are needed here at AGN. The board is chock full as it is, and most of the hosted forums are boring anyways (if I want sexual advice I certainly won't get it from people younger than me)

An "Appeal" forum, whilst maybe starting out ok, would degenerate into a second GB. As half the posts there would be "Breaker did this" and "DC said that" which would result in flaming.

If you ask me (and you didn't) the forums need a HUGE pruning, not more junk cluttering them up.