PDA

View Full Version : so you hated my Armus Geidon game idea

Beldaran
03-18-2002, 12:46 PM
You guys are so boring. You're a bunch of linear minded console junkies with no flare for l337ness. If a game isn't created by Nintendo or Sony, it isn't COOL. Well, I'm a hardcore PC gamer, and it's just dissappointing that there is very little here that I can relate to. I go into the gaming discussion forum, and every day for the entire time I've been here, there are 10,000 threads about console games and not one thread about computers. I think WarLock's Warcraft 3 thread was the only one. Oh, and DarkDragoon mentioned that he loved Arcanum, and he was totally ignored.

Computer games own. Console games are like tv with a controller. Computer games are like novels. They are more open ended. They come with SDK's...you can make your own story lines, you can form clans, you can play against other people. This is what gaming is all about for me. I love LAN parties and all that jazz. You guys like Final Fantasy. I've NEVER really liked Final Fantasy. It is totally closed off to the user. You walk around and level build, and the plot is handed to you. It's like a movie where you have to do all the work. bah.

And then, you greet members like this: "Welcome to AGN. BEHAVE! OBEY THE RULES!:angry: "

It's like all there is to do here is be a good member. You never do anything creative. At all. The role playing forum is a joke. It's full of idiots. And Glenn, even though he's quite obviously intelligent, is too wrapped up in the rules to ever get involved in anything creative. He's too busy ejaculating on his SAT scores and worshipping himself.

Bottom Line: This place is really lame. I don't even know why I come here. It is boring, uninspiring, and a giant waste of time. Therefore, adios. Have fun being good members and running your post counts up. And those of you that are smart and still stay here...WHY?

satanman
03-18-2002, 01:01 PM
And it took HOW long to realize this?

Jemsee
03-18-2002, 01:14 PM
Is not AGN based mostly on ZC? And is not that a "console game"?
I play plenty of PC games, but I don't come hear to talk about them. I'm shure there are bunches of boards to cater to the needs of PC gamers, so go find 'em and have a nice life! :badrazz:

Jigglysaint
03-18-2002, 01:22 PM
Wouldn't this topic be better suited in KTC? I am intellegent and I still love this place. Why? Because of Zelda Classic, that's why. I'm involved in beta testing, I know much about Zquest, and I enjoy helping those arround me when they need help. I am a moderator at the KTC, which will need my help sometime soon as I hope that it's popularity is increased. I would have to say that its the brighter people who stay because they arn't the onescaught up in forum politics(most of the time). It's still fun for me, and it will stay fun for me for a while.

obi
03-18-2002, 01:36 PM
Think about it like this, belderan, many people are close minded, I , myself play a game, if i like it, i like it, if i don't I don't,.
Think of it also like this, lately there is an xcuse for tonnes of posts on console gaming - PS2, GC, and X-BOX.

Granted there are no posts on things like Half-life or Unreal, but then, this mostly attracts people by ZC, which is linked to Nintendo, therefore people automatically think 'console games'. You cannot blame the people man, as it turns out - many hardcore PC gamers won't come here as it has obvious links to console gaming, I myself am A mix between the two, this would deter people from making posts about games like 'no one lives forever' because they don't seem to fit in.
I wouldn't mind a few threads n things like that but I have no content to make my own on PC gaming so I wait. I aggree though that you say that console games are too linear, but that is the way they are, works and there are many people (in cluding myself) who like it that way, Granted there is a lot more freedom on PC games like Half-life, you can build your own levels if you want to, but don't forget, COnsole games are restricted, PC games are not.

You should not ask yourself why you COME here, but why you CAME here, no one can make you stay, if you leave by your own accord then fine, goodbye, hope you come back, goodluck:( .
I, however would like you to stay, I think your a nice person. Regarless what others may think.
You are looking to much on the surface Belderan, you must look deeper than that, I never saw your game Idea, what was it about?:)

Cronic
03-18-2002, 01:38 PM
We could care less really.

maybe instead of insulting us for our likes and dislikes you should focus on finding a place more suited to your own.... I mean the problem here is what exactly?

fuck off.

Either way I'm sure you'll be back. and the whole l33t thing is queer as fuck. why not head over to kenages forums, and discuss your "haxxor" skills with people who might care.