PDA

View Full Version : I'm not invincible

bigjoe
03-18-2002, 10:43 AM
Stress ... stress , it adds up , its like my mind is under a pressure cooker , I wouldnt be surprised if it were on fire in there. Things add up. Trying and failing to fix a controller for two hours was like striking the match. The fire that burnt was me having to install ME just to get my system working , and messing it up worse .... finding my ex girlfriends ring I had was like hitting the gasoline ... and my mom coming to me crying , painfully reminding me that my grandmother isnt well and may pass soon was like catching the prairie on fire ....

I dont know what to do. Im not a wall. Im not perfect. I need help! Ive talked with people and ... and they just fuel debate rather then helping mostly.

What on Earth can I do?

Note: while although this would be suited for Rock Bottom, I aim to get more attention than I would from there ...

Zeo
03-18-2002, 10:54 AM
Why don't we take this over to the KTC and yell at each other for a while, that ought make you feel better..........

bigjoe
03-18-2002, 10:56 AM
IF I wanted to yell I would have posted it there to begin with :( I just want someone to relate to me. Thas all ...

obi
03-18-2002, 11:00 AM
I am reciving a lot of stress from my GCSE exhams, not as much stress as you but I'll try to relate if you want.:)

Zeo
03-18-2002, 11:02 AM
Well , you want advice, here's mine, get your butt OFF the comp, and go see your Grandma.............

bigjoe
03-18-2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Zeo
Well , you want advice, here's mine, get your butt OFF the comp, and go see your Grandma.............

Im going to when we go down there next time. The fear of it still hurts ...

Cronic
03-18-2002, 01:25 PM
I feel ya BJ... in fact I once had a nervous breakdown while trying to fix the stupid anolog setup on an N64 controller, and shit like that will set off any life situation.

Stroll on through it bj, and whatever you do don't give up on AG and get yourself banned k ;)

obi
03-18-2002, 01:39 PM
We are with you every step of the way man, take your pain ut on us.
err, wait, nat in that way man....:laughing:
No really.

Hermit
03-18-2002, 01:41 PM
Relax joe, you're not alone (as cliched as that sounds). But even old cliches and old sayings have some turth to them, otherwise they wouldn't be used so much.

Your pain is shared by others, although perhaps not identical in situation. For years I've lived alone, both literally and figuratively. Kinda makes it obvious why I chose the name "Hermit" doesn't it.

Over the years I've had to deal with alot of things similiar to what you're going through now. 2 days ago, some drunken fool decided to drive down my street and ended up landing his car in my yard. Not really a big deal as far as the yard and the trees in it go and such, but the thing was... my only companion that has lived with me for the past 5 years was outside frollocking around, my precious lil dachsund weiner dog Chelsea. You can only imagine the pain of having to bury her, walk around the place, not havin her wag her lil tail n smilin at ya wantin to play with you. Like I said before, since I live alone, I have nothing and am very depressed. I was looking for a picture of her to stick in this post, I'll keep looking...

As for the computer ordeals. My mother called me about 3 months or so ago crying. (Id never heard or seen her cry before, so you can imagine what that did to me) My little sister had apparently contracted an e-mail virus to her computer. She put so much into that PC i couldn't even being to tell you, from her typing dictations for doctors offices and such, to her vast organization of of folders for 10,000 or so emails she hadn't yet had a chance to browse through, to all her little cooking programs and recipes, the list could go on forever. I sat there staring at the screen listening to her cry outside as she swept the deck off, passing the time I suppose. I didn't want to reformat the entire hard drive and lose all her work, so I did the next best and most difficult thing. I re-installed just the Windows part of the hard drive. It took me 4 days straight to remake the registry, get all programs running and re-installed, her work back up and running. I'd gladly do it all over to see how happy she was when I told her everything was fixed :)

There are plenty of other things I'm sure I could discuss and tell you about, my grandfather passing away a few years back, my car won't run for shit, Columbia House sending billing agencies after me for money THAT I'VE ALREADY PAID! Bills, bills, bills... and to top it all off, more bills.

I don't have any answers for you, no one will. People deal with different situations the best they know how. What keeps me going is finding something I love doing and immursing myself in it. You guys probably think I'm just weird as much as I talk about music. It's my passion, I love it, I live for it, it's always there for me through good and bad, and always will be, and that my friend, makes me happy no matter what life throws my way :)

I feel your pain joe, it's alright man...

Cheerio

bigjoe
03-18-2002, 01:56 PM
Nice of you, Darth Cronic, to share your experience. Feel less alone ;)

And thanks Hermit , I beleive reading what youve read has set me straight and given me confidence. I guess helping your mother and sister like that must have brought you a sense of self worth. Maybe I should help someone. Really sorry about the dog though. Dont worry , she went to a better place...

Cronic
03-18-2002, 02:14 PM
and take down that silly DBZ av... it's a bad influence!

Zeo
03-18-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
and take down that silly DBZ av... it's a bad influence!

PLEASE DO! Those little avatars look silly next to the 150X150 ones................

Hermit
03-18-2002, 02:34 PM
Thanks joe, but I failed to mention the worst part about my dog, aside from her getting run over by a drunken idiot.

As soon as I went outside to see what happened I already knew the worst just seeing her laying there not moving.
When I went to go check on the driver, I opened the door and knew immediately he was drunk off his ass, the car stunk of beer as if it were a cloud of smoke trapped inside the car. I looked down out him, asked him if he was alright... He looked up at me in a drunken stooper, eyes dangling in their sockets, and said, "whoa... that was cool man". I've never been so mad in my entire life... I picked his ass up outta the seat, leaned him up against the car, and knocked his ass out cold, as 2 of his teeth fell out as he hit the ground.

At the moment I was satisfied with him. I didn't exactly want to get caught for assault either so I put him back in the car, and the conclusion in the end was, he must have smacked his head against the steering wheel or somethin when he hit the tree...

Bu I know better... not that they'd care whether I beat the shit outta him or not though.

I didn't bother mentioning it earlier because it's not exactly something I'm proud of, but what the hell. You wanted someone to share, I shared :)

Anyway im rambling, sorry.

Cheerio

Zeo
03-18-2002, 03:28 PM
Oooooooooo.....I would have seriuosly beat the guy to one inch of his life, maybe more.................youaahve such self restraint, Id don't think ANYONE unless in shock could have NOT hit the guy...............

Mak-X
03-18-2002, 03:54 PM
Stress stinks, Araid works.

Try to take comfort in knowing that you'll get to see your Grandmother. My grandfather is turning 70 this year and I'm just realizing how much time is passing. The best thing to do is spend time with your family.

blckscab
03-18-2002, 03:55 PM
My God, that bit about the dog realy upset me...
and belive me that is very, hard to do.
It also reminded me when my dogs died. The shock of seeing them lieing there.
Oh bugger I am going to stop now before I start crying!:cry: