PDA

View Full Version : March Madness!

Matteo
03-18-2002, 12:53 AM
I am a decently big college men's hoops fan and this always is a special time of year for me. There is nothing like the sheer competition of two teams whose player play not for salary but for fame, for pride, for team; to win and win by playing hard.

Does anybody else here follow NCAA Basketball and if so any comments on this year's tourney's teams and your favorite or the one you want to see win?

I root for NC but its Maryland this year that I would like to win...Duke must DIE!

POLL:
Who do you think will win it all?

Master Ghaleon
03-18-2002, 12:58 AM
Maryland is gonna win it all! I hate duke, they were my math teachers Favorite team.

Smoke2001
03-18-2002, 03:45 AM
I don't really don't have any idea of who to root for. You see I'm not that big of a basketball fan.

inori
03-18-2002, 05:10 AM
For the most part, I don't root for teams; only against them. I had kind of a confusing situation with the Kansas vs. Stanford game. I went to Kansas State as an undergrad, and Kansas was the archrival there; now I go to Berkeley (Cal), and Stanford is the archrival. I didn't know who to cheer against. :shrug:

Drunken Tiger
03-18-2002, 07:43 AM
I havent been following uni basketball lately but ill go for Duke because i have a friend who goes there and i love the blue devil!!!

Matteo
03-18-2002, 04:40 PM
Yeah I think Duke will win as well, but I really hate them... Dunleavy is the only one I like on that team. Unfortunately I think they are just too good and that Maryland has no chance, but we will see....

Cyclone
03-18-2002, 04:47 PM
I have no dang idea, as I don't follow your minor basketball. However, I will choose Duke only because you hate it so. :)

Cyclone
[email protected]

millmill
03-18-2002, 06:00 PM
Duke will win it all. They have too much offensive firepower from guys like Williams, Boozer, and Dunleavy. Plus Jones and Duhaun can step up just about every night and have a huge game. They are nearly unstoppable.

Matteo
03-18-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Cyclone
I have no dang idea, as I don't follow your minor basketball. However, I will choose Duke only because you hate it so. :)

Cyclone
[email protected]

What the heck is minor basketball supposed to mean?

Paradox
03-18-2002, 07:30 PM
it obviously wont be kansas since they were losing to holy cross (the worst team ever) until the final minute of the game...

i say duke

Rainman
03-18-2002, 07:34 PM
I just voted Maryland for the sake of my American Culture teacher. He betting on that team this year just because he doesn't like Duke.

Starkist
03-18-2002, 11:08 PM
Duke looked vulnerable against Notre Dame, they'll go down.

I would vote for Kent State or Missouri, but they aren't on the list :(

Matteo
03-18-2002, 11:42 PM
Could a Mod put Kent State and Missouri on the list please?

thanks...

I still think Duke will win though Starkist...They are just too experienced