PDA

View Full Version : Tried and True

bigjoe
03-18-2002, 12:11 AM
Do you think re-releases of old games for the gameboy advance is cool! I say yes :D

Mak-X
03-18-2002, 12:30 AM
Yes, most definitely. Many of these games have not been released or seen in several years. I played Super Mario World on the GBA at Target today and if I hadn't already owned the game on SNES, I would probably buy it. I've been thinking of getting Breath of Fire 1 and 2 for GBA since I haven't played them since I could rent SNES games, and I never finished them. Re-releasing old games also makes them new again and gives this 'generation' of gamers a chance to play these games.

I'm waiting for Nintendo to announce a GBA version of Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link.

VEL
03-18-2002, 12:32 AM
I say yes also! :D

The Silent Assassin
03-18-2002, 12:36 AM
I'm ever so eagerly awaiting A Link to the Past.

Dragon Omega
03-18-2002, 01:58 AM
I'm ever so eagerly awaiting A Link to the Past.

Isn't everybody?
I say it is an excellent idea.:mischief:

MottZilla
03-18-2002, 02:24 AM
I think it's a nice thing. I want FF I,II,III,IV,V, and VI for GBA...

Hermit
03-18-2002, 03:14 AM
You know what would really kick ass... If Nintendo followed suit with Squaresoft and how they are re-releasing their old SNES titles (Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy's, etc).

Just think how awesome it would be to play Zelda's 1-4 all on one good ole Gamecube disc, or put them on GBA :mischief: (of course they might need a lil tweaks graphically and such).

But damn can't ya just imagine... *shivers at the thought*

Cheerio

Brasel
03-18-2002, 03:22 AM
BoF 2 on GBA? Damn, I would have waited for that had I knew it was coming out instead of getting BoF 1.

Mak-X
03-18-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Sir Anthony
BoF 2 on GBA? Damn, I would have waited for that had I knew it was coming out instead of getting BoF 1.

Yup, it should be coming out sometime this year. Nintendo Power is going to have a feature on it next issue (April).

Too bad they probably won't use the Japanese box art for the box.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/newproducts/consumer/gbabof2/index.html

vegeta1215
03-18-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Mak-X
I'm waiting for Nintendo to announce a GBA version of Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link.

Same here! Actually, I'd like a re-release of Zelda and Zelda II for GBA, preferably on the same pack! (and possibly some additional quests/features!) :D

mikeron
03-18-2002, 04:26 PM
What kind of a half-tard wouldn't say "yes"?

:cyclops:
"Uh, no. Re-releasing games so they can be enjoyed on a new console is definitely not cool."
:cyclops:

Daarkseid
03-18-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Mak-X

Too bad they probably won't use the Japanese box art for the box.

God I at least hope they won't go back to using the original box art for the American release of BoF2 for the SNES. That thing was hideous.

Artevoi
03-19-2002, 11:18 AM
I hope Square re-releases Seiken Densetsu 3 on the GBA, AND RELEASES IT IN THE US THIS TIME!!! Chrono Trigger would be cool too.

Masamune
03-19-2002, 11:38 AM
i've been playing video games since i was 3! so now i'm the biggest old-school gamer in my school. all these kids giving me crap about how the new super mario game for gameboy advance is brand new and it's never been released before! and they think Zelda OOA is the first zelda and when i showed them The Legend of Zelda (NES) they thought i got ripped off!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Overlord
03-19-2002, 11:50 AM
Hmm.. I surely hope they go for LTTP and not Zelda 2.. otherwise Z2E might be a no go. But whatever it's bound to be cool! I want Shining Force Advance (although it's rumored to be a new game) I'd also like thekm to release Phantasy Star on GBA. But a remake is nothing without enhanced graphics, from what I've seen of SMW, the graphics aren't that improved.

Mak-X
03-19-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by overlord147
But a remake is nothing without enhanced graphics, from what I've seen of SMW, the graphics aren't that improved.

Well, they didn't really need to since they already looked good and they basically just ported the SNES version. They'd loose the feel and style if they were changed, and don't think they could improve much upon them. If it were a NES game itd be different. Super Mario Advance uses the Super Mario Allstar graphics, and Super Mario Bros. 3: Super Mario Advance 3 will probably do the same. When Zelda is made, it'll probably use the BS style graphics.
I don't think SMW for GBA was really a remake in the sense that its the same game that was on SNES with a few new features, compared to Starfox 64 to Starfox and Resident Evil(GCN) to Resident Evil(PSX). Its more of a re-release for another system.

mrz84
03-19-2002, 03:43 PM
who in their right mind would say say no? sd3, dq 5-6, ff 1-6, rockman+forte, so many games so little time.....:kawaii:

SiliconHero
03-20-2002, 04:41 PM
If it's for games that weren't released in the United States, then I'm all for it.