PDA

View Full Version : OMG, this is pretty sad

Beldaran
03-17-2002, 07:44 PM
This Thread (http://boards.armageddongames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52042) is a sad example of what AGN is.

Sure, it was a stupid post, but who are you, the post police? Well, I guess you ARE the post police...but either way, it's a little too Orwellian for me. I just can't get over the stuffiness around here.

The Thing
03-17-2002, 08:22 PM
God lord thats sad!

You would think a member here for that long would get the picture by now.

Dechipher
03-17-2002, 08:29 PM
naw, I did that, though i also posted a poll. Also, some poele do tend to be hypocritical because they claim that post count doens t matter, but yet they close a topic, saying it is only to raise the post count. Not trying to flame anyone....just letting them aware of it. I respect both of those members, and i dont want them to be looked upon as TOTAL retards....lol

AtmaWeapon
03-17-2002, 08:54 PM
The reason some members say "post count doesn't matter" is because there are members who think that 1000 posts gains them respect. Their only goal is to get to 1000 posts, and they post whatever garbage they feel is necessary to achieve that goal.

Perhaps there needs to be a sticky topic "milestone posts", where people can talk about reaching milestone posts in one place. I think the main thing that makes people mad is that sometimes half the topics on the first page are "1000 post" topics.

Pryme8
03-17-2002, 09:00 PM
im I the one who is the sad thingy... or is it sad that they closed it? I think i hav e right to know...

AtmaWeapon
03-17-2002, 09:03 PM
I think they mean it was sad that the topic was closed. Am I right? :shrug:

Pryme8
03-17-2002, 09:04 PM
ohh... ok i though i was geting mad illed on... lol
:laughing:

DarkPanther
03-17-2002, 09:28 PM
I think it was rightfully closed. Just because it's GD doesn't mean we should clutter it like the underside of our beds. Sure anything can go there, but is it really necessary?

Seriously, what conversation would there have been to take part in, in that thread? Couldn't he have just started putting "### posts to 2000!" at the end of all his posts anyways w/o making a thread? Sheesh... that was pure spam. I don't think it was 'stuffy' at all, though it may be sometimes. Just a bad example.

Daarkseid
03-17-2002, 10:14 PM
Jesus... a moderator does his job, and all of a sudden a topic of discussion about that moderator's call is created? I'd like to close this topic, but other than the fact it would be wrong to do so, I fear one or two more topics protesting this closing would be created.

Which brings up another point, is how incredibly internalized much of the discussion is that goes on in the forums. About half the topics are about the latest goings on within the forums, with the other half actually being about subjects that are signifigant outside the forums. I've been noticing this happening as of late and its sort of beginning to bother me... I'm all for debate and discussion on forum issues, but not when it has to do with a single act of moderator's power use, or some forum statistic, or even somebody creating a topic that goes to over 35 replies on how somebody just made their 1000th, 2000th, or 5000th post.

That is my take on this issue, from this point on, if I have a problem with further internalized topics, I'll ignore them unless they require my authority as a moderator.

The Silent Assassin
03-18-2002, 02:38 AM
I can see some threads get too much "stiffness" from people...and they don't deserve it...but something like this...this wasn't a good example to point out.

obi
03-18-2002, 04:12 AM
Lets, just face it, all people are areses when they want to be.:)

Darunia
03-18-2002, 05:16 AM
No good! I was going to do a 2,000 posts topic! Someone do a frozen topic for milestones!

Well... post count is not important (True?) and really I will get it now or later... and evryone will see it... so who cares?

JayeM
03-18-2002, 06:49 AM
Before you post something (milestones, etc.) ask yourself, "Will anybody besides me be interested in this?" Make sure you have something worth posting before you post anything.

:mischief: GWEE :mischief: