PDA

View Full Version : The origin of Zero, REVEALED!! (Well, partially.)

Predcon1
03-17-2002, 05:29 PM
Here's what I know so far:

Zero was created during the 21st century by Dr. Wily, who had tried to take over the world many times by building robots. These would always be stopped by Light's creation, Mega Man. After several failed attempts, and the disobedience of his most powerful creation, Bass, he decided to make Zero who could both destroy Mega Man and Bass for his insolence. Somehow, 100 years later Zero ended up in a cave as a Maverick, having destroyed the unit of Gamma. At this point he was infected with the Zero Virus, but it's unknown if Wily purposely gave it to him. After a fierce battle with Sigma, the leader of the Maverick Hunters at the time, Zero had a glitch from this virus and malfunctioned for a moment, giving Sigma the edge. Sigma disabled him (inadvertantly catching the virus) and ordered his men to take Zero back to Dr. Cain and have him studied. Over the next few months, Zero was taken under Sigma's wing. When Sigma went Maverick himself, most likely under the influence of Zero's virus, Zero stepped up to take down his former mentor. After sacrificing himself to let X destroy Vile, his parts were gathered by the X-Hunters for the Unification. In the end, X succeeded in being reunited with his friend, and Zero paved the way for X to go beat Sigma as he himself went to destroy the central computer. During the mother computer fiasco, Zero assited X occassionally in battle and emotionally when X was hurt by the loss of Middy and Techno. Now working as a partner to X instead of a teacher, they took down Doppler together. Under one possibility, Zero attached Doppler's anti-virus to his sabre and saved X at the last minute as the Sigma Virus came after him. Soon after, Zero befriended Colonel and Iris, brother and sister in the Repliforce. When Iris came to work for the Maverick Hunters as a part of a training program for the Repliforce, her first mission turned out to be the Soul Erasers, a rather gruesome one, and Zero expressed sympathy for Iris' unfortunate first mission. In this mission, though, Zero and X worked together as an amazing team, and made their enemies fear them when working together. Emotions started to develop about Iris, but Zero never admitted them. When the coup started, Zero was overcome with rage and a sense of duty about the war, and Hunted down members of the Repliforce, including Colonel. When Iris learned that Zero had gone against her wishes and destroyed her brother, she was driven mad despite her overwhelming feelings towards Zero. She chose to battle him, to which Zero had no choice but to defend himself. When he had beaten her, he rushed to her side. It was too late, though. She revealed her feelings to him, and then passed away. He screamed in anguish as he held her lifeless body, asking what he was fighting for. This spurred him on for a fierce battle when he fought Sigma, and he defeated him once again. During his escape, though, he was reminded of recent dreams of Wily and destroyed Reploids and Iris, and he wondered what the meaning was. He also wondered if someday he was going to be a Maverick. His dreams continued during the Sigma Virus outbreak as he battled against it. All throughout, though, he wondered why he was not affected by such close contact with the virus. Lifesaver and Signas wondered as well. Being the last pilot left from the Hunters, he piloted the Shuttle toward the Eurasia space colony to remove the threat. Under one possibility, the mission was a success, but the scraps of the colony's crash spread the Zero Virus all over Earth. In another possibility, Zero was infected with the virus after being bombarded with it, and he chose try to destroy X. But if he did go Maverick, he came to his senses after a battle with X. If he didn't go Maverick, he battled X because his friend would not trust him, and he felt betrayed that X had looked at his virus readings. Either way, he protected X when Sigma tried to kill him when he was hurt. When he challenged Sigma, the villain revealed his relationship with Dr. Wily, Zero's creator, saying that Zero had seen the man in his dreams. Zero refused to yield to the virus, and Sigma revealed that he wasn't talking about merely being infected, but about exposing Zero for what he truly was. Zero claimed his willingness to die if Sigma would die with him. After Sigma's defeat, though, he threatened to take X down with him. Zero commanded Sigma to leave X out of their conflict, but Sigma exploded and damaged both X and Zero (Zero much more severely). As X clutched Zero's body, Sigma's remains attacked once more, punching a hole through X and Zero. Zero awakened for just a moment, firing at Sigma and finishing him off. With that, he remembered his life and realized what he had been built for, and came to the conclusion that his death would be the best thing to restore the peace on Earth. However, he hid himself away after the battle, hoping that his auto-repair systems would be able to handle the damage. The auto-repair system, however, couldn't handle it, and he found himself completely restored one day. He came to the realization that someone, a mysterious stranger had helped him, but he was unsure of who. He decided to lay low as the Zero Nightmare tarnished his name, and then appeared to X after it had been defeated. Zero assisted X in bringing down the Nightmares and their source, a Reploid researcher named Gate. While he did this, though, he sometimes came across Gate's assistant, Isoc. Having the appearance of an old man, Isoc was especially fond of Zero and even seemed at times obsessed with him. Isoc found great joy in Zero's power, in that he could defeat High Max, and also knew enough of Zero's internal systems to shut down his movement temporarily. Isoc's similarities with Zero's creator, Dr. Wily, are vast and plentiful. After Gate was defeated, Zero found the body of Isoc empty, similar to the Erasure incident. As he found the body, a strange voice told him that he was the strongest robot, and should therefore use that to go defeat Sigma. Zero and X did so, and X saved Gate's body for Alia to repair. Zero's somewhat cold exterior didn't understand this at first, but he apologized to X for being missing. Sometime afterward, he talked to a mysterious scientist about the danger he presents, and chose to have himself sealed in a capsule for 102 years. It is unknown if X was aware of this procedure, but Zero recognized X as the superior Maverick Hunter, and told the scientist that if trouble rises while he is asleep, things would be fine in X's hands.

If anyone spots any errors, let me know.

Mak-X
03-17-2002, 06:18 PM
Seperate into seperate paragraphs for reading please. There's too much in one blob to want to read.

mrz84
03-17-2002, 06:30 PM
thats a lot to take up in one sitting. i always knew zero was built by wily but the zero virus thing is sotra confusing to since i havent played x, x2, x4-x6. ive played x3 and some of x1 but not all of it. so this is a spoiler but i dont mind. :kawaii:

MasterSwordUltima
03-17-2002, 06:47 PM
3 Years later, X still carries Zero Zet Sabre into battle....

100 years after he sealed himself away, a group of people called Repliforce decided to rid the entire planet of reploids, and to revert back to normal, as it was before the reploids. A group of reploids , one which was a doctor or a scientist, I forget, were caught by the repliforce. The docter/scientist remembered the great reploid Zero, and freed him. Thus begins MegaMan Zero...

obi
03-18-2002, 02:22 PM
There is a HELUVA lot of story behind megaman. I must find more of the game!

MasterSwordUltima
03-18-2002, 04:39 PM
Zero owns you, and by the look of MMZ he gets a twin bladed Zet Sabre, w00t!

Predcon1
03-18-2002, 05:48 PM
Does anyone know when MojoBob will be finished with Special Unit #0?

jman2050
03-18-2002, 05:52 PM
I stopped in the middle because you gave away half of X4 and I got really mad because I wanted to play that game so much. Not mad at you, of course, just mad in general. But I'm okay now
:D .

MasterSwordUltima
03-18-2002, 06:16 PM
*Points to CustomTitle and Siggy* guess who's the number 1 Zero fan here boys? And personaly, I can't wait for Special Unit Zero ta come out, so sweet. Zet Sabre = no charging, w00t! Heck, I loved that so much I hacked a code for ZSNES for X3 so that you needn't charge Zero Zet Sabre for Zero (and X when you get it), it takes over the uncharged shots (weaklings), and you can still charge too!!!! Anyone want it, can I post codes?

MottZilla
03-18-2002, 07:53 PM
Go ahead and post any PAR or GG codes you want.

MasterSwordUltima
03-20-2002, 12:25 AM
Well does anyone want any?

jman2050
03-20-2002, 08:38 AM
I want the code. I get so frustrated charging up just for one slash.

mrz84
03-20-2002, 03:11 PM
i found a code like that on gamefaqs.com already. unless that was you MSU, i think someone beat ya to the punch. :kawaii: there were also ocdes that enable infinte health, all ride armor, gold armor, and all normal armor adaptions. :kawaii:

Predcon1
03-20-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by mrz84
i found a code like that on gamefaqs.com already. unless that was you MSU, i think someone beat ya to the punch. :kawaii: there were also ocdes that enable infinte health, all ride armor, gold armor, and all normal armor adaptions. :kawaii:

The gold armour code is false. The gold armour was not made to be obtainable by any code. That's the way CAPCOM wanted it.

MottZilla
03-20-2002, 07:27 PM
Yes that's true. Only a PAR or GG code might have a chance at obtaining it through a "code". But passcodes, there is none that does it.

mrz84
03-20-2002, 08:40 PM
im talking abotu gamegenie codes that give you the above mentioned abilities ya sillies. :laughing: :kawaii: and they work. ive tested them myself. :kawaii: