PDA

View Full Version : Princess Toadstool and Peach the same?

Kirbwarrior
03-16-2002, 11:49 PM
NO! Totally different People!

Peach: Mario's girlfriend since 1976. Blue eyes. Beatiful.
Toadstool: Girlfriend since 1990. Green eyes. Cute.

No knowledge of each other. No relation. Mario is GIGILO!!!
Just to clear things up.
:reading: Researched it!!

Daarkseid
03-16-2002, 11:53 PM
Where did you research this? And how did you come up with Peach as Mario's girlfriend since 1976? Mario wasn't even around in 1976...

Mak-X
03-16-2002, 11:54 PM
Princess Peach and Princess Toadstool are the same person. "Peach" was her Japanese name. They first used "Peach" in the U.S. in Yoshi's Safari for SNES, and then made the final switch in Super Mario 64 where she reads her letter at the beginning ending it with "-Princess Toadstool, Peach".
I've played Super Mario Bros. since I got an NES in the late 80s, I know stuff about SMB.

heh, yeah Daarkseid. Mario's girlfriend was Pauline in "Donkey Kong".

Menokh
03-17-2002, 12:00 AM
Mak is correct.
I have two players guides in fromt of me, bot oficial from Nintendo.
One is for Mario RPG, in which she is Toadstool; and the other is Mario 64 in which she is Peach.
They both have a good picture of her, and in both she has blue eyes, and looks exactly the same! :badrazz:

Her name is Princess Toadstool, but her nickname is Peach.

Daarkseid
03-17-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Mak-X

heh, yeah Daarkseid. Mario's girlfriend was Pauline in "Donkey Kong".

I knew that, but that had to have been since 1980 when Mario was called Jumpman and was in Japan only(though ported to the US a year later). 1976... where the hell would anyone get that name?

Mak-X
03-17-2002, 12:33 AM
Oh, I was agreeing with you Daarkseid. What I should have said was Donkey Kong was Mario's first appearence with his girlfriend Pauline in the early 80s (Pauline and Peach are not the same person), so I meant I was agreeing that 1976 was too early. Pauline makes another appearence in the Game Boy version of Donkey Kong. Peach is Mario's main interest now since Super Mario Bros.

If anyone remembers playing Super Mario RPG, the boss of the Sewers in the first part of the game says "Tastes Peachy" when he eats "Toadstool".

The only other Princess in the Mario games is Princess Daisy who first appeared in Super Mario Land for Game Boy.

If you want to get more confused with Peach's name, in the live action movie "Super Mario Bros." they used the name "Daisy" for the princess, most likely because it sounded a lot more real than saying "Toadstool" as a real name, and the name "Daisy" is from the Mario games. "Daisy" in that movie however is supposed to be Princess Toadstool/Peach. She even has a dress later on that is Pink.

Daarkseid
03-17-2002, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Mak-X
If you want to get more confused with Peach's name, in the live action movie "Super Mario Bros." they used the name "Daisy" for the princess, most likely because it sounded a lot more real than saying "Toadstool" as a real name, and the name "Daisy" is from the Mario games. "Daisy" in that movie however is supposed to be Princess Toadstool/Peach. She even has a dress later on that is Pink.

Those inconsistent bastards...

Master Ghaleon
03-17-2002, 01:57 AM
If the princess is the same as toadstool. Then why in SMB2 you could play toadstool and Peach?

Mak-X
03-17-2002, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Master Ghaleon
If the princess is the same as toadstool. Then why in SMB2 you could play toadstool and Peach?

? There were only 4 characters you can play in Super Mario Bros. 2: Mario, Luigi, Toad, and Princess Toadstool/Peach. From what you said there would be 5 with twin princesses. In Super Mario Advance they use the name "Peach".

Princess Toadstool was the U.S. name for Princess Peach, just like Bowser is the U.S. name for Koopa. She was called Princess Toadstool because she was the Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom. Why did they finally decided to make it synomous with the Japanese games? Probably because of all the references to her name "Peach", and Toadstool takes up too many characters. Not to mention when SM64 and Mario Kart came they'd have to redo the voices!
"Ya, Peach has got it!" "Ya, Toadstool has got it!" What sounds better? "Peachy!" "Toadstoolie!" Its not the same as a announcer saying the name "Peach!" Like switching Koopa with Bowser. Bowser just growls and roars anyways.

Like I said, there's only 2 Princesses in the Mario Universe, Princess Peach of the Mushroom Kingdom, and Princess Daisy of Sarasha Land.

Master Ghaleon
03-17-2002, 02:08 AM
well isnt toad and toadstood the same thing? Ah Im lost and confused :confuse2:

Mak-X
03-17-2002, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Master Ghaleon
well isnt toad and toadstood the same thing? Ah Im lost and confused :confuse2:

Toad is the little mushroom looking guy with the Mushroom Hat. They're the guys you rescue in Super Mario Bros. in the castles before the final one "Thank you Mario but our Princess is in another castle." and they gave you hints in Super Mario 64, and saved your game in Luigi's Mansion. Toad is also a playable character in the Mario Kart series. His Japanese name is Kinopio or something like that.

In Super Smash Bros. Melee Peach pulls Toad out and uses him as a shield as one of her moves. Toads also run back and forth in the background of the first stage of Adventure.

Master Ghaleon
03-17-2002, 02:15 AM
Oh alrighty, thanks for clearing that up with me.

Mitsukara
03-17-2002, 06:54 AM
If anyone remembers playing Super Mario RPG, the boss of the Sewers in the first part of the game says "Tastes Peachy" when he eats "Toadstool".

Actually, you couldn't have the Princess in your party the first time you met (whatever his name was). You couldn't even have Geno in your party yet. You must be thinking about his second appearance later on in the game.

Bah, sorry if this didn't make much sense.. I should go to bed.

mrz84
03-17-2002, 12:16 PM
Like I said, there's only 2 Princesses in the Mario Universe, Princess Peach of the Mushroom Kingdom, and Princess Daisy of Sarasha Land. thats true and false. yes, toadstool and peach are the same with toadstool used in america 1st and peach in japan then used in m64 because mr. miyamoto thought it was about time to bring american and japanese gamers clower together(:odd: :kawaii: ). yes daisy is a different princess altogther(shes in mario land 1, mario tennis, mario party 3, etc) and theres a third princess. pauline from the original donkey kong and the remade dk for game boy pocket. :kawaii:

Mak-X
03-17-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by mrz84
thats true and false. yes, toadstool and peach are the same with toadstool used in america 1st and peach in japan then used in m64 because mr. miyamoto thought it was about time to bring american and japanese gamers clower together(:odd: :kawaii: ). yes daisy is a different princess altogther(shes in mario land 1, mario tennis, mario party 3, etc) and theres a third princess. pauline from the original donkey kong and the remade dk for game boy pocket. :kawaii:

I've already mentioned Pauline several times, and she's not and never was a Princess, she's just "Mario's girlfriend" back when he was a carpenter fighting against Donkey Kong to save her. So unless there is some minor character I'm not thinking of that was in some other Mario game like Paper Mario, or some obscure Mario game, Princess Peach and Princess Daisy are the only Princesses in the Mario Universe.

Your right Jennifer, I should have said the second appearence, I wasn't thinking.