PDA

View Full Version : What do you think is better-- FF2 or FF3?

Cecil
03-16-2002, 11:00 PM
Just wondering who likes what better

Mak-X
03-16-2002, 11:49 PM
I only got up to the last dungeon on the moon in FF2(SNES) so I never beat it. I own FF3(SNES) and have finished it at least 3 times. I like it more than FF2 just because I thought it improved upon the previous game. I liked how there were about 22 characters to play with, even though I had select favorites. FF2 has that medieval setting though.

Daarkseid
03-16-2002, 11:58 PM
FF2, though it really should be referred to as FFIV, now that Square has released a more proper version of it on the PSX.

It was the first RPG I had ever played(and understood, my earlier attempt to play Dragon Warrior at age 7 left me baffled). Final Fantasy 3( or VI) had some cool cinamatics and play, but somehow it wasn't as endearing as FFIV(plus I thought the villain sucked).

It was my favorite RPG until I played Earthbound 3 years later.

Dragon Omega
03-17-2002, 12:15 AM
FF3(6) is good. I like it...:mischief:

MottZilla
03-17-2002, 02:16 AM
I liked FF2 (SNES) better because it really got me into rpgs. Though i also like FF3 (SNES) alot. Both are great games.

Mitsukara
03-17-2002, 05:37 AM
Final Fantasy IV.. for some reason, when I tried to play FFVI, I didn't really find myself getting into it very much.

However, if I were asked my favorite of any of the FF series, I would have difficulty answering. I really liked FFIV, but I also really like FFV... the story lines are both deep and involved; the music is good in both games (though I find myself leaning toward FFIV on the matter of choosing which has the best music..); the gameplay for each is interesting (although I find myself leaning toward FFV here due to the job system); the graphics in FFIV were kind of ugly for the most part, although the battle sprites for the playable characters (and the small Golbez sprites) weren't bad.. however, FFV had much better graphics in that people didn't look so small and squished up. Adding corneas and making the eyes overall bigger helped this. However, Final Fantasy IV just seems.. special, somehow, since it was the first RPG that I ever actually got devoted enough to to finish (my attempts at devoting myself to finishing Dragon Warriors I, II, and III failed, and I didn't finish DWIV until some time after I finished FFIV)

Hermit
03-18-2002, 03:38 AM
Neither, go play Zelda :laughing:

I'd say FF3(6) all the way!

But I'll never forget the old guy from FF2... Fosuya, I used to walk around all day long as a kid just saying that at random... Fosuya.. Fosuya... LOOK MOM Fosuya!!, it was so funny :laughing:

Cheerio

obi
03-18-2002, 07:42 AM
FF3/6, FF2/4 is cool but my ranking is -
1) FF3/3
2)FF5
3) FF2/4

FF3 three was the first I played
BTW, I didn't know there was an earthbound 3!

What is it like Daarksied?

Strider1982
03-18-2002, 02:40 PM
FF6 is definitely my favorite RPG of all time. FF4 was also pretty cool but it didn't seem to have the depth of FF6.

BTW, obi, I don't think Daarkseid was referring to "Earthbound 3." I think he was just saying that 3 years later he played Earthbound.

There are only 2 Earthbound games, Mother (aka "Earthbound Zero") for the NES, and Earthbound (Mother 2) for the SNES.

obi
03-18-2002, 03:21 PM
Oh, now I see it! Thanks!:laughing:

Artevoi
03-19-2002, 11:24 AM
FF3(6) is, in my opinion, the BEST of the FF series. However, the only ones I've played are 1, 5, 6, and 7.

ctrl-alt-delete
03-19-2002, 12:35 PM
I own FF2 and i think that it has a better storyline. But, FF3 is also a really great game. FF2 also seems to have better characters. I dunno...Either way FF forever! :blah:

Dragon
03-19-2002, 01:24 PM
Final Fantasy VI was better in my opinion. FFIV had a lot of things going for it, like traveling to the moon and more vechicles... but FFVI has a lot more going on in the cinematics department. I also like the relics in FFVI a lot, I mean for the coward you have the moogle charm that lets you avoid random battles, and for the magic madman you have the energizer that makes all spells only cost 1mp. Add the two hidden characters to that and the multiple party system and you have a solid edge for FFVI (or FFIII for the Snes).

SiliconHero
03-20-2002, 12:08 PM
Whether you're talking about the Japanese or American names for the games, I'm going to say Final Fantasy 3 without hesitation on both counts.

The Silent Assassin
03-20-2002, 02:32 PM
Final Fantasy IV, though FF II (SNES) had a much cooler logo.

mrz84
03-20-2002, 04:47 PM
i honestly didnt know ff existed until i rented ff1(funny thing is i some how confused it for faxanadu) a few years after the snes came out. i didnt know ff1 wasnt faxanadu until i played it. i was hooked. i moved onto ff2/4 and then mystic quest and finally(that sounds odd) ff3/6. after that it was uphill to 7, skipped 8 bcause i felt like playing 9 first, and now im addicted to mega man x3. i say out of the ffs, i think 5 and 6 tie for #1. 4 is #2 (no pun intended). and ff1,2j,3j are #3. and mq is last. this list does not include the ones after 6 for no good reason, so :blah: :kawaii: