PDA

View Full Version : Whats the stupidest message your operationg system has ever given you?

goKi
03-16-2002, 08:10 PM
exactly that.

mine would have to be on windows 98, when sharing a printer...

Note: Printers are usually attatched to printers.

:laughing:

Menokh
03-16-2002, 08:15 PM
"Deleting this Shortcut wil not uninstall the program. To uninstall the program go to Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel."

Every fucking time I delete a shortcut that leads to an installed program in ME or XP.
Windows seems to be geared to idiots...

Silver Darkness
03-16-2002, 08:17 PM
No keyboard was detected. Press F5 to continue.

goKi
03-16-2002, 08:18 PM
yeah i laugh everytime i delete a shortcut, cause i know people that actually think that it does uninstall the program, those people have a 'windows is out of hard disk space' message everytime they boot up.

Hermit
03-16-2002, 09:45 PM
Well I'm not sure about the stupidest message, but I can tell you the stupidest operation I've seen on my PC.

Playing Privateer 2 (Which is a pure DOS game btw)

If I click the shortcut link in windows, it gives a message saying something like, "This is a DOS application and can't be run in Windows, Do you want to run this application now ?" <-- uh sure :laughing:

But the sad part is, it reboots back to windows instead of staying in DOS and it loops itself back to windows DOS Shell every time :laughing:

I have to manually enter pure DOS any time I wanna play, no biggie but still stoooooopid :)

Cheerio

Zeo
03-16-2002, 10:00 PM
Notice: you do not have sufficent rights to perfrom this action, you are logged in as: ADMINSTRATOR.

:odd:

MetaStaiford
03-16-2002, 11:20 PM
my stupidest message was on a macintosh laptop

an error happened because it wasnt able to find a file, and it LITERALLY said 'It's NOT my fault'

Elemental Knight
03-16-2002, 11:56 PM
I've got my Mom's computer hooked up with HAL's voice...

Screen:Error loading Error message.
Vocal:I think you know what the problem is, just as well as I do.

Drunken Tiger
03-17-2002, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Silver Darkness
No keyboard was detected. Press F5 to continue.

I laugh my head off everytime i see that!!! Wasnt it in some earlier post???

AtmaWeapon
03-17-2002, 01:12 AM
My favorite Mac error message:
"Finder needs your attention!"
I have no idea what it meant. I was using some Power Macs in the Duke library, and for some reason it closed my IE window to tell me that.

My favorite Windows error message:
"Program <unknown> has caused an error <unknown> in module <unknown>. It will be terminated."
My g/f's computer does that all the time. Who knows?

Hessian
03-17-2002, 01:22 AM
Well, windows Xp has been ok, but the crazy unstable kazaa has spawned interesting messages. Early today it crashed and was slowing down everything. Then a message popped up saying. "The system resources was" That is bad when the messages displaying the errors is getting screwed up. I need to get something better then Kazaa...

Drunken Tiger
03-17-2002, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by Hessian
Well, windows Xp has been ok, but the crazy unstable kazaa has spawned interesting messages. Early today it crashed and was slowing down everything. Then a message popped up saying. "The system resources was" That is bad when the messages displaying the errors is getting screwed up. I need to get something better then Kazaa...

Tell me when you find one!!:thumbsup:

TimPolly
03-17-2002, 06:50 AM
You all know the famous computer doesnt want to tell you message.

it has the basic red X and then... its blank.

|-- \-/--------------------------|
|-- /-\--------------------------|
|--/---\-------------------------|
|--------------------------------|
“"""""""""""""""""""""""""""

????????

bigjoe
03-17-2002, 07:02 AM
"The file cannot be sent to the recycling bin. Please discard the file" :confuse2:

inori
03-17-2002, 07:10 AM
Click on the Start button.

You can access all your programs, documents, and settings from the Start menu. Click on the Start button to begin.

#1: I've only started Windows about three billion times. I don't need to be told this every time I log on to a new computer.
#2: I don't store all of my data in the places that Microsoft thinks it should be. Therefore, the above statement is false.
#3: Begin what?

Darunia
03-17-2002, 09:17 AM
Want save changes to (Whatever)?

Damn of course I want! I'm enough clever for correct my error!

NerdWarrior
03-17-2002, 10:50 AM
Microsoft has performed an illegal operation, and will be shutdown.

Zeo
03-17-2002, 12:50 PM
One of my other favorites

Computer gets dumped offf netwrk becuase server is down

"Warning, USer has altered system hardware, please shut down computer and restar, if this fails, please re-install windows."

THEN WHEN YOU DO THAT

"Auto detect has found new hard ware, plase wiat whiel Windows sets up you 15 new CD-ROMS, your 100000 TB of RAM Memory, and Display options for your 36 moniters......."

WHEN NOTHINGNEW has been hooked to the Computer.

What its doing is, its used to the Network resources, and then tries to convert them into Workstation resources.

*WHAM!* WAIT FOR THE THRICE DANRED SERVER TO COME BACK UP YOU STUPID PIECE OF JUNK!