PDA

View Full Version : update on my 4th quest~

DarkFlameWolf
03-16-2002, 07:22 PM
this is what I've done today, and its not bad considering I had to sludge through all the new features and figure out how to use layers in the most basic way. Dang, this is gonna take much longer than 6 days!!!! DOH! OH well, nothing special. I know for a fact, my quest won't win anything or even get in the running-up in the contest, but it'll be classic style 'me' in terms of quest design. Anyway, questions, comments?

BTW, to help you at what you're seeing, the quest is called: The Hidden Duality. ;)
http://www.planetdescent.com/darkwolf/temporary/hidden.gif

Foxx
03-16-2002, 07:26 PM
Very nice, yeah.

I wonder, have there been any released quests that have displayed the Light World/Dark World motif?

DarkFlameWolf
03-16-2002, 07:44 PM
well here's the interesting thing: I have two light worlds and two dark worlds. Figure that one out! ;)

plith
03-16-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Foxx
Very nice, yeah.

I wonder, have there been any released quests that have displayed the Light World/Dark World motif?

ALTADD

EDIT: Btw, very nice looking town. :thumbsup:
EDIT2: Don't worry about the dark world town having a blue waterfall. When I made that palette, I changed the cycling part (which shows up in-game), but not the CSet itself for the Dark World one. So it's really green in the game.

DarkFlameWolf
03-16-2002, 08:32 PM
yes, as I said earlier, this will be 'classic me' style quest. So you'll see a familiar things etc, from fragments and fallen one. But one thing I promise you all! Even though I have (technically) two overworlds to create now with the R2 tiles (its 4 but if you factor in the hidden duality bit, only 2) there is one thing I won't repeat in this game. And that's repeating screens! lol can anyone say desert or snowy area in fallen one?!? lol :laughing:
Yeah, I've advanced since then, but yeah, more height elevation and in one overworld the mountain range is actually in the dead center of the map while the outer edges are swamp land and north and south of this mountain range is ocean. Its a 'weirdo' type overworld. Defies most laws of overworlds. ;)

Raichu86
03-16-2002, 10:13 PM
Looks pretty good. Nice job with the Dark World pallete.

Yoshiman
03-16-2002, 10:56 PM
Did you rip the palette from the rom? BECAUSE I LIKE IT!!

plith
03-16-2002, 10:59 PM
*raises hand*

I made that palette myself based off of the R2 palette. I even released my palettes for it in ZC Dev Exchange. It's on page 2 by now. No one pays me any attention.

DarkFlameWolf
03-16-2002, 11:20 PM
yes, give credit to plith for that palette. ^_^
Anyway, I have found midis for all occassions in my quest except for 2. The two midis that will be the background music for most of 2 'light worlds' Can anyone lend me some good ones? Because I'm stuck on what to use.

Foxx
03-17-2002, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by plith
ALTADD

Oh of course.

The only reason I didn't think of it was because I never made it to the Dark World; I got stuck not being able to find the entrance to level 5.

DarkFlameWolf
03-17-2002, 12:33 PM
so...anyone got two suitable light world midis that would go well with my two light overworlds? I've been scouring vgmusic.com for hours now and not finding anything I like.

Demon
03-17-2002, 01:19 PM
I HAVE A LOT OF DIFFERENCE MIDIS, GET ON AIM AND I WILL SEE IF ANY ARE OK, DON'T MESSAGE ME, I'LL MESSAGE YOU :D :D :D :D

DarkFlameWolf
03-17-2002, 02:01 PM
from a person who writes in all caps and this is their first post...I'm a little cautious. o_O

K-Teclis
03-18-2002, 07:17 AM
But please don't rush this quest! Take time... think of puzzles... and use something new!;)

DarkFlameWolf
03-18-2002, 10:29 AM
who said I was rushing? What if that WAS my normal working speed? o_O