PDA

View Full Version : WTF?

Cyclone
03-16-2002, 10:59 AM
An e-mail from [email protected] (the other was, as well):

Hello,
I am the CEO of {omitted} company. We have opened a new game creation section, for new Java enabled cellular phones:

{Web Site URL}

I noticed you developed RPG (zelda like) games.

We are doing two engines for RPG games, much like Legend of Zelda and Pokemon in Gameboy Color. Of course we will require to make the graphics and story for these engines.

Finally, would be one or more of you, or people you are in touch with, able and available to work for us (as tele-work) in doing the RPG graphics and story, help to code maybe too? In that case we may pay hourly or by completed job.

Regards,

Fabio
Fabio Ciucci - Artist & Java programmer
Anfy Team company CEO - {Web Site URL}

WTF? :odd:

Cyclone
[email protected]

NerdWarrior
03-16-2002, 11:14 AM
Yea! Now Cyclone can make "The Kawaii Cell Phone Game."

Cyclone
03-16-2002, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by NerdWarrior
Yea! Now Cyclone can make "The Kawaii Cell Phone Game."

:laughing:

I literally laughed out loud at that. ;)

Cyclone
[email protected]

leeer
03-16-2002, 11:57 AM
Sounds like pot-O-gold at the end of the rainbow!:kawaii:
I hope you won't get copyright-problems with a very special software company. *cough, cough*

Cyclone
03-16-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by leeer
Sounds like pot-O-gold at the end of the rainbow!:kawaii:
I hope you won't get copyright-problems with a very special software company. *cough, cough*

Meh. A programmer I ain't, but I just chuckled at the thought of getting that msg.

Cyclone
[email protected]

Breaker
03-16-2002, 03:50 PM
Instead of gloating that someone mistook you for a sprite artist, maybe you should direct him to someone who might be of some help? FlashMan for instance. Sounds like an excellent opportunity to do real work.

Darunia
03-16-2002, 03:51 PM
They just saw the forums and decided e-mail you. Or is a joke. Who knows.

The Silent Assassin
03-16-2002, 04:04 PM
Wonder why they didn't contact DN or OZ? Maybe because you are the DB head...they thought you were the one in charge? Sounds sort of fishy.

Arcayn
03-16-2002, 05:05 PM
They can't be much cop themselves, if they have to resort browsing the internet for potential employees... That, or it is a joke.

Cyclone
03-16-2002, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
Wonder why they didn't contact DN or OZ? Maybe because you are the DB head...they thought you were the one in charge? Sounds sort of fishy.

Even fishier that they picked out my more personal address; I don't think I mentioned my ZC addy on there in any general location (besides my own profile, mayhaps).

Of course, as always, I could be mistaken.

Cyclone
[email protected]

Link 101
03-16-2002, 06:54 PM
I clicked on the link and it just showed your e-mail address and a blank e-mail sheet.

JayeM
03-16-2002, 06:55 PM
Actually I think it's a legit offer...Fabio is cool.

Arcayn
03-16-2002, 06:57 PM
LMAO

May I introduce you our brightest member, Link 101!

Link 101
03-16-2002, 06:59 PM
Well I'm sorry if I dont get it, but personaly I don't think a blank e-mail sheet is of any interest of mine. If it is something good for you Cyclone, congrats.

goKi
03-16-2002, 07:08 PM
it was a mail link, he shouldnt get flamed for not knowing that, even if it was only a light flame

Arcayn
03-16-2002, 07:10 PM
Yes, that's what you get if you read nothing but the first line of a post. That hyperlink is just Cyclone's email adress, the actual email he's talking about is right below that in the same damned message.

JayeM: Who is that Fabio then, and how do you know him..?

Link 101
03-16-2002, 07:21 PM
I did read the whole thing. You should lighten up a little though. It is really irrtating me.