PDA

View Full Version : ROFL...

Cyclone
03-16-2002, 10:48 AM
Geez, I'm amazed. Does WL get anything similar for this very forum?

Hello,

I have visited questdb.armageddongames.com and noticed that your website is not listed on some search engines. I am sure that through our service the number of people who visit your website will definitely increase. SeekerCenter is a unique technology that instantly submits your website to over 500,000 search engines and directories -- a really low-cost and effective way to advertise your site. For more details please go to {site omitted}.

Give your website maximum exposure today!
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
Vanessa Lintner
Sales & Marketing
{Web Address Omitted}

:laughing: Why would we need maximum exposure? Might be worth it, but I'm not paying them money to do it. :badrazz:

The funny thing is that she also apparently visited a Yahoo! Club I ran back then... :shrug:

FYI, other mods., I posted this in GD on purpose. This isn't pertaining to a quest.

Cyclone
[email protected]

Tygore
03-16-2002, 10:55 AM
E-mail her something obscene back.

Darunia
03-16-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Tygore
E-mail her something obscene back.

Lol :laughing:

Well, maybe is only trying to help. Who knows...

:rolleyes:

NerdWarrior
03-16-2002, 11:47 AM
Well, maybe is only trying to help. Who knows...

Vanessa Lintner
Sales & Marketing
I think not my friend.

plith
03-16-2002, 12:13 PM
I once got an email saying that I could be in some sort of l33t manager pages or something. That I did laugh out loud at, since I was still 13 at the time. Now I'm 14 going on 15 soon... amazing.

NerdWarrior
03-16-2002, 12:31 PM
Some of the spam is idiotic, seeing that I'm 2 days odler than plith...
Like "Consoldate Debt!"
Sometimes I wonder, whose crappy idea was it for spam email? Do they actually think they can sell something to you? Bah!

Melonhead
03-16-2002, 01:08 PM
how ethical to post her name, but not her website
:p

VEL
03-16-2002, 02:36 PM
I've gotten that exact same email a couple of times.

Cyclone
03-16-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Melonhead
how ethical to post her name, but not her website
:p

MH, I omitted the site when copying the post. She included a Web site.

Cyclone
[email protected]

The Silent Assassin
03-16-2002, 04:06 PM
Maximum exposure, huh? Type in Armageddon Games in the damn search engine, and up pops the URL to the main page.

Brian
03-16-2002, 04:19 PM
These people will try to flatter you into doing a lot. Way back I ran a fairly small but popular Daggerfall sight (it was popular mainly because it was one of the few that was still active), and someone e-mailed me saying I could be on the Lexington's Who's Who for electronics or something like that. (It could be because did have a good quest section) Still, I wasn't willing to pay and was only 13 or something, so I didn't do it.