PDA

View Full Version : New GCN demo disc in stores now!

vegeta1215
03-16-2002, 01:13 AM
I just got back from CompUSA a little while ago and played the latest GCN Demo Disc. It has: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, The new 007 game, Bloody Roar, and Smash Bros Melee!

Man, I was playing for like 30 minutes, and with the exception of 007 (sorry, it's just no Golden Eye), all the games were so awesome! I hadn't really witnessed the power of the Cube till today. Sonic and Bloody Roar were so fun! (dispite the fact that I didn't know what I was doing). Not too mention the babes of Bloody Roar are pretty hot :naughty: I couldn't really get a feel for SSBM cause I didn't have an opponent, but I played with Link in the North Castle level...just beautiful.

I can't wait to get a GCN this summer!

Master Ghaleon
03-16-2002, 01:53 AM
Wise choice my friend on buying a Gamecube :) Whats bloody roar? A fighting game ? I hope sega comes out with virtual fighter for the cube. I dunno if they have plans for it or not. I got Sonic and its pretty cool. When are they ever gonna get any 007 game right like the N64 goldeneye. That was like my best game for the N64 and I wish they would make one just as good.

The Silent Assassin
03-16-2002, 04:39 AM
North Castle Level?

There is Termina Bay and Hyrule Temple. Hyrule Temple is a mixture of the palace type from Zelda II, but there is the Temple of Time in the background.

bigjoe
03-16-2002, 08:29 AM
I want to play Smash Bros Melee :cry:

Tygore
03-16-2002, 10:33 AM
Wow. I have enough money saved up to buy a cube, just need a ride to the mall...

Kairyu
03-16-2002, 10:48 AM
Behold the power of the GCN! Super Smash Brothers Melee is WAY more than just what you saw. These demos have only the first half or so of the characters, and less than half the arenas. Try playing Final Destination for about 4 minutes. The scenery goes under some impressive changes.

NerdWarrior
03-16-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Kairyu
Behold the power of the GCN! Super Smash Brothers Melee is WAY more than just what you saw. These demos have only the first half or so of the characters, and less than half the arenas. Try playing Final Destination for about 4 minutes. The scenery goes under some impressive changes.
The scenery runs in a 3 minute cycle. At 2:30 is when it gets cool, and it lasts for about 30 secs, then returns to normal.
......The only good game to me in that demo disc is Melee, which i own (286 trophies!)

Mak-X
03-16-2002, 01:09 PM
When the Gamecube demo stations were out in stores I played it at Target before GCN came out. The demo disc then had Luigi's Mansion, Wave Race, and Rogue Leader. I played Rogue Leader and it was awesome. The graphics were really good and it played just like Rogue Squadron. The controller with the R and L buttons made slowing down and speeding up good. Wave Race was also fun because of the better graphics and turbo and it was just like WR 64. I definitely had to get a GCN for X-mas, and I did!

vegeta1215
03-16-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Master Ghaleon
Whats bloody roar? A fighting game ?

Yeah, it's a fighting game. The full name is like Primal Fury: Bloody Roar 2, or something like that. It's this sweet ass fighting game where once you get powered up enough, your character can transform into this beast/animal. It's really neat. Even though I wasn't familiar with the controls, it was really fun.

Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
North Castle Level?

There is Termina Bay and Hyrule Temple. Hyrule Temple is a mixture of the palace type from Zelda II, but there is the Temple of Time in the background.

The one I meant was Hyrule temple, I wasn't really sure about the exact name. It was just a castle from Zelda, with awesome Zelda 2 music in the bg!

Hopefully this summer I will have enough time and money to play/get a GCN. I'm so pleased with the things I've seen so far. Nintendo has finally got a winner! I think in the near future, GCN is gonna give the other consoles a run for their money. There are just so many awesome games coming out for it!

MottZilla
03-16-2002, 08:08 PM
They better get some damn games out worth playing. I have SSBM, it's ok. I don't play it much. I tried THPS3 on GC, not worth it. Wave Race was kinda fun, but again not worth it.

They better hurry up with Metroid and Perfect Dark Zero.

Mak-X
03-16-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
They better get some damn games out worth playing. I have SSBM, it's ok. I don't play it much. I tried THPS3 on GC, not worth it. Wave Race was kinda fun, but again not worth it.

They better hurry up with Metroid and Perfect Dark Zero.

Yeah, besides what Nintendo has already released, there's nothing else worth getting. All the games are coming out much later. Starfox Adventures looks awesome though, hopefully out this summer.

Perfect Dark Zero is at a snails pace and not really being worked on last I heard.

MottZilla
03-17-2002, 02:20 AM
Yea, cause of poor communication between RARE and nintendo.