PDA

View Full Version : Could anyone possibly help me with some Dboy save states?

Cronic
03-15-2002, 11:07 PM
If you happen to have any of the following...

OoA, OoS: Somewhere reletivly far into it lvl 4 or above Preferably towards the end (Dboy save states)

TSA, Here's one you may be able to help with... MGS all levels open. (Dboy)

I have some ripping projexts that would go a lot faster for me if i didn't actually have to play through the games... not to say I'm lazy, but I am too busy anymore to find time for games.

Any help is much appreciated :)

vegeta1215
03-16-2002, 01:05 AM
OoS and OoA are pretty easy games. Why not play through them again? It doesn't take long to get to level 4 anyways. Besides, if you get someone else's save state or whatever, Link won't be named after you, it'll be the other's guys name!

Cronic
03-16-2002, 01:48 AM
well... aside from wanting some tiles I really don't like Capcoms attempt at Zelda, but if worse comes to worse... I actually owned the games for all of about a week before I sold em.

Edit:Ok I found These (http://www.zophar.net/sav/) but can't for the life of me fiigure out what to do with them to make em work with dboy... I've used savestaes before but these are pretty tricky for some reason.

bigjoe
03-16-2002, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic

Edit:Ok I found These (http://www.zophar.net/sav/) but can't for the life of me fiigure out what to do with them to make em work with dboy... I've used savestaes before but these are pretty tricky for some reason.

Try looking for the emulator that works with them , if not , i hear about save state converters. Never used one though. Zophars domains WAY to big to find stuff on

Cronic
03-16-2002, 04:09 PM
I think youre right there BJ, but the only prob is .sav is the generic label for GB rom saves.... hmmm so there's still a specific emulator they belong to... oh well I guess it beats having to play em :)

Arcayn
03-16-2002, 04:59 PM
You could try the REW emulator, I use that one all the time for GB games. It's save files are indeed .sav. Oh, and it's only 113k big, so you can't say it's any effort to download. :D

Cronic
03-16-2002, 05:28 PM
Aw but dboy is what i need to take screens for ripping so you can see the bind I'm in.

Warlock
03-18-2002, 01:57 AM
If they are *.sav files you shouldn't have to do anything. It's the ROM's save information, which means if you extracted it in the same dir as the rom (and it has the same name), you should have save games loaded inside the game (using zelda as an example, there would already be a character created in the character screen).. Or at least that should be right..