PDA

View Full Version : Trouble getting ZC to start

PsychoNess
03-15-2002, 03:02 AM
The Quest creator works great. i love it. ZC though opens a MS-Dos window starts to load and then dies. I found "error = 0006" in the long list of stuff that it prints out after it dies.

I know that the problem is somewhere from changeing from v1.90 to v1.92. I have not seen anything on this board yet that helped. I have win 98 with 256Mb of ram. if you guys need more info about the system i have this running on let me know. i don't know what all you guys need to help me fix this, but i am willing to help.

i just wanted to play the best zelda game out there.

PsychoNess
03-15-2002, 10:15 PM
so it won't work then right? no one says anything so that means i am doomed right? thanks.

Nick
03-15-2002, 10:26 PM
Just because noone answers the first time doesn't mean your doomed. And anyway, double posting is frowned upon at AGN. Try using the edit button at the bottom of the post. :)

Anyway, I'm not an expert with this stuff, so I don't know what to do about the ZC not running. Maybe someone with more experience with DOS and ZC's error messages can help out?

*Motions for someone else to jump in and help*

DragonCommander
03-16-2002, 10:15 AM
Only one suggestion, and it's a classic:
Try running the program with option -modex.

This can be edited in the shortcut (make a shortcut if there isn't one.
However, I need to know about your system to do anything more. Is it XP? 2000? ME? 98? What is it?

PsychoNess
03-16-2002, 01:01 PM
to get this program to run with that option i use this as the command line right? "ZELDA.EXE-MODEX" if that is it, it doesn't work. I am useing Win 98.

i and another friend got it working. i won't bother you people anymore.