PDA

View Full Version : Custom Tileset Contest?

J.J. Maxx
03-15-2002, 02:57 AM
I know this has been talked about before but I really think this would be fun. I would give you the requirements for you tileset and then you would have to create a set overworld area and set dungeon area. So for instance:

Custom Tileset Contest Requirements:

[list=1]
Tileset must contain grass, dirt and water tiles.
Tileset must contain at least one solid bush and one slashable bush.
Tileset must contain at least one rock tile.
MOST IMPORTANT: Must be 100% original.
[/list=1]

This is just an example but this is what it would be like. Of course the sprites and enemies and everything must be made by you. Don't worry about making an actual quest with them but you will be required to create a 10 screen overworld arranged however you like. This must conatin one dungeon showing off your tileset. I think this may give people enough freedom to be creative but still set down some minimum requirements.

So... thoughts? comments? :D

GuitarmanTim
03-15-2002, 10:19 AM
sounds a little harsh, I mean, my CT tileset has no slashable bushes or water currently, and I'm not sure there are gonna be alot of those either, but that doesn't mean it's a bad set does it? Origionallity and workabillaty should be of more value I think.

Cloral
03-15-2002, 03:28 PM
I think a more reasonable set of requirements might be:
Must contain overworld tiles Must contain dungeon tiles Must contain cave tiles Must use all enemies (specify whether they should be regular or the new enemy animations)
Which would give the tileset designer plenty of space to work with.

Cyclone
03-15-2002, 04:24 PM
I'm going to relocate this in the Developer's Exchange, so that any who often go there will be apt to see it.

Lines up for the putt, ever so gently strokes it into the hole, and is congratulated not by a thundering crowd, but by the hoot of an owl, which flies away a moment later.

Um...yeah. Topic moved.

Cyclone
[email protected]

Cronic
03-15-2002, 04:39 PM
original as in hand drawn right? not ripped I would assume.

JayeM
03-15-2002, 05:57 PM
Maybe the Tileshop should host this contest.

GuitarmanTim
03-16-2002, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
original as in hand drawn right? not ripped I would assume.

count me out in that case