PDA

View Full Version : Lots more bugs! These ones are yucky!

KJAZZ
03-15-2002, 01:00 AM
Here we go again, more bugs from KJAZZ, except these aren't newdefault bugs. I think you've got that pretty much fixed up. When KJAZZ reports, he guarentees, "Where you get more bugs for your beta!" (It's a play on words, "More bang for your buck" don't you get it? *sighs* I didn't think so. :D )
Note: These have been tested in the DOS Version.

If you use any of the new trigger flags, if you hit them with the item in question more than once, it will still make the secret SFX. I think this should not be, because its VERY annoying.

The new arrow trigger flags do not work at all, but the golden one keeps making the secret SFX if it is hit.

The Roar: Gasp style screen flag does not seem to be working, I'm not sure about the other one yet, I haven't tested it lately.

The red candle now makes the flame appear directly in front of link, instead of sliding out. Is this a bug, or intentional? I never played Z1 far enough to check..

Bouncing your magic back with the wand turns it into reflective magic, not sure if this is intentional or not..

With the sword slashing trigger flags, it must be in the direct center for it to work, which means if you have a solid tile as your trigger, it will not work. I think it was the same concept as the error back in 1.84, when you slashed a bush from below it would not work...?

The sword beam trigger flags work okay, but when they hit, the edges that fly out get stuck in the trigger and keep triggering, making an annoying sound.

Continue w/ full life rule should be changed to *reserved* because you can edit this easily initial data.

I cannot test the Din's fire flag until it is reimplemented.

I know you already mentioned this, but I think I shall mention it again. The flag text is messed up, and for the last one I see "L^^" instead of hookshot.

In initial data, you can configure more than 24 hearts. It goes way off the screen when you select your game, and in the game itself.

Also, my header info in ZQ bug is still hanging around.

Sheesh, this beta is bug filled. ;)

Also, is there any chance we will be able to change what the tile with the flag on it looks like once it has been triggered? If so, we could make a situation similiar to LttP atop Hyrule Castle, where you must slash the lightning with the master sword to enter. I know this might require a revamped secret combo menu, so you might not wish to implement this yet.

Aside from all the bugs, these new features are very evil. :D I also like the new stalfos, he's pretty cool. :D

bigjoe
03-15-2002, 03:00 AM
err yeah , what he said

Jigglysaint
03-15-2002, 02:03 PM
The LTTP lightning is a sprite that is killed when you attack it with the MAster sword. That is why it can shock you without it. As for the bug with the slash flag, you need to be right on the combo to activate it? That can be useful for making warp tiles that warp you the instant you use the "a" button. Like my idea about a combo that acts like the dive warp, but on land, and both of them in pit form.