PDA

View Full Version : Hermy is back :o)

Hermit
03-14-2002, 04:01 PM
Well it's been a hell of a long time since I've had a chance to fiddle with anything Zelda, but that's about to change ;) . It may take me some time to browse all the forums again and find out what the scoop is since I've been away but thats ok!

Hopefully in a few days I can get back to my Zelda music :mischief: .

Too all those poor souls out there wishing they had better music to put in their quests, fear not!!:)

Cheerio

PS - If someone would make it simple for me and just reply to this post telling me what's been done so far in terms of the music department, I'd greatly appreciate it :) If we're still stuck in the MIDI format that's ok too :)
Thanks!! :)

bigjoe
03-14-2002, 04:12 PM
I remember you! Welcome back

Nightmare
03-14-2002, 05:45 PM
Welcome Back Posts belong in General Discussion.

::moving::

-NJS-

Foxx
03-14-2002, 05:50 PM
Welcome back man. I remember you, but you may not know me, because I was a fledgling newbie with under 100 posts when you left.

We still use MIDI music, but we've found some good sites for getting them. We have a guy called Menokh who has a Midi Shop, I don't remember where it is right now.

Yoshiman
03-14-2002, 06:33 PM
Uh... welcome back I guess

(Yoshiman's thoughts: Who the heck is this guy?)

Hermit
03-14-2002, 07:28 PM
So we're still in the MIDI phase huh, that'll do just fine. I may have come across a program that can add MOD type sound banks to most peoples midi banks, I'll have to test it out and see though. I'll explain how it works later...

As for this topic being moved to General Disucssion... I don't really see why it got moved since it's a Zelda Classic related post. I thought I stuck it in the right thread since it had nothing to do with any of the other projects... but oh well. Sorry my bad Nightmare :)

In any case, the plan at the moment is to make some sort of interactive music archive, which I had started before, but got taken away by other things in life. Interactive meaning - the site will offer reviews, original songs submitted by others, some sort of artist archive, etc. This all depending on the support in the coming week or so as the page goes up, which is in progress as we speak.

So, I guess if there are those out there who would like to see something like this done, or music writers who'd like a little spotlight, or whatever, feel free to show your support either by replying to this post or dropping me an e-mail.

And as always, Cheerio :o)

Temporary e-mail address: [email protected]

Link 101
03-14-2002, 07:43 PM
Welcome back whoever you are. Hope have have more fun.

I am confused!! Well welcome back.

Warlock
03-14-2002, 07:43 PM
w00t! It's been a long time :D

Hermit
03-14-2002, 08:59 PM
Hiya Warlock, long time no see dude :)

I'll be building a page the next few days, the site is at:

http://www.geocities.com/ZeldaClassicArchive/index.html

Nothing much there now... but it should turn into something interesting I hope :)

Cheerio for now...

Drunken Tiger
03-15-2002, 03:12 AM
welcome back Hermit!! i wasnt even here when you left!!!but you must of made a big impact because those who were her all remember you!!:lol:

CH@O$
03-15-2002, 04:21 AM
hey, we never spoke but hi:D :D

The Silent Assassin
03-15-2002, 04:41 AM
Basically...the gist of your first post was "I'm back"...thus it really had little to do with Zelda Classic. Besides, ZC is not the dominant force of AGN anymore...thus...what used to be considered proper for ZC Discussion (like common convos and stuff) is no longer allowed.

However...the rest of your posts were geared more towards "music" and such. That actually would belong more in the ZC Exchange forum. Basically, ZC Discussion is for anything related to the programs (how to run them, problems) and the original quests by Nintendo (gameplay, where are they, etc).

Anyway, welcome back.

Hermit
03-15-2002, 08:35 AM
Well I'll make sure I post things in the proper forum thread then from now on, thanks Silent :)