PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 136

Dark Nation
03-14-2002, 10:06 AM
New/fixed in this version:

1. In response to bigjoe's post (http://boards.armageddongames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51776), I've once again switched the F1 key back to it's original purpose, toggling VSync.

2. In response to KJAZZ's post (http://boards.armageddongames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51753), I updated newdefault yet again. I will update the support archive later. For now, it's available as a separate file (http://www.armageddongames.com/darknation/beta/zc192b136/zgp.dat) (save it to your C:\ZCBeta directory, or wherever you've been extracting the betas).

3. Stalfos 3. Nothing too special yet. I threw him it just before I had to go to work. I will update him some more tomorrow. For now, he's does 3 times as much damage, has more hit points (6, I think, compared to 2 for the other Stalfos enemies), moves faster (not crack speed, though), follows Link more often, and currently drops magic jars sometimes when defeated. Other than that, he acts like a Stalfos 2, I think. I'm planning on tweaking him to fire more often and fire in 4 directions instead of 2.

4. 20 New map flags:
+boomerang
+magic boomerang
+fire boomerang
+silver arrow
+golden arrow
+red candle
+wand fire
+din's fire
+wand magic
+reflected magic
+reflected fireball
+sword
+white sword
+magic sword
+master sword
+sword beam
+magic sword beam
+master sword beam
+hookshot

These allow you to trigger things with your items. For the most part, higher-power weapons will trigger lower power flags. For instance, the wooden, silver, and golden arrows will all trigger the arrow flag. The silver and golden arrows will trigger the silver arrow flags and the golden arrow will trigger the golden arrow flag.

A few odd ducks, though:
+fire flags: Anything that generates fire (the flame trail from the fire boomerang doesn't count) will trigger a burn flag. Anything that triggers a burn flag except the blue candle will trigger the red candle flag. Anything that triggers a red candle flag except the red candle will trigger the wand fire flag (this is the fire that the wand creates when you have the book). And only Din's Fire (still not put back in yet, sorry) will trigger the Din's Fire flag.

+magic flags: Wand Magic and Reflected Magic are mutually exclusive. They will not trigger each other's flags.

+sword and sword beam flags: Putting a sword flag on something is basically like setting that combo as a slash combo. the white sword, magic sword, and master sword flags make you have to use that sword or better on the flag to activate it. The beam flags work the same way, but are only triggered by the beam; the blade of the sword won't work. Also, the beams won't trigger the sword flags.

+reflected flags: Yes, you have to reflect magic or fireballs (like from zoras) at them to trigger them. No, they are not interchangeable. Also, I forget what mirrors and prisms do to wand magic, enemy magic, and reflected magic (I think they are all changed to reflected magic when they hit a mirror or prism). When testing, you may want to sprikle some mirrors around and set up some flags and maybe some wizzrobes so you can test what happens.

I loaded up zquest to look at the flag list just now so I could write them down here (as I don't have the source code with me) and I noticed a bug. I forgot to put a comma in the flag list after the master sword flag. So, for the moment, the white sword beam flag is really the sword beam flag, the magic sword beam flag is really the white sword beam flag, the master sword beam flag is really the magic sword beam flag, and the last entry (it says L^^ on my system) is really the master sword beam flag. I will fix the wording in the next beta. However, none of these additions/changes except for the fixed newdefault (and the flag listing) have been tested. So, please test thoroughly and give me as much information about this as you can by tomorrow morning so I can fix them if needed.

I'm sure that the bug that previously was corrupting quests that had exactly 256 combos is still around. I think it's a roaming bug, though, so something else may trigger it now. Whenever you save, export a QSU file as well, just in case.

Anyway, here are the files:

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 136 for DOS (http://www.armageddongames.com/darknation/beta/zc192b136/zc192b136d.exe)
+zelda.exe
+zquest.exe

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 136 for Windows (http://www.armageddongames.com/darknation/beta/zc192b136/zc192b136w.exe)
+zelda-w.exe
+zquest-w.exe

If you missed them the last time around, here are the support archives:

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 135+ Support Archive (http://www.armageddongames.com/darknation/beta/zc192b135/zc192b135s.exe)
+1st.qst
+2nd.qst
+3rd.qst
+new enemy tiles.pdf
+new.til
+newfirst-fixed.qst
+zelda.dat
+zgp.dat
+zquest.dat

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 126+ Windows Support Archive (http://www.armageddongames.com/darknation/beta/zc192b126/zc192b126ws.exe)
+alleg40.dll

Here is the updated zgp.dat file for Beta 136+. Save it to your C:\ZCBeta folder (or wherever you've been installing the betas). I'll update the support archive with it later:

Zelda Classic 1.92 Beta 136 NewDefault patch (http://www.armageddongames.com/darknation/beta/zc192b136/zgp.dat)

Orion
03-14-2002, 01:00 PM
Will the Stalfos 3 change the new enemy tiles setup again or will it use the stalfos 2 tiles?

Cyclone
03-14-2002, 01:08 PM
I thought, in the past, that I saw new Stalfos tiles in the tilesheet; this dates all the way back to 113, which none of you (except perhaps Glenn, Cloral, and myself) have.

Cyclone
[email protected]

Dark Nation
03-14-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Orion
Will the Stalfos 3 change the new enemy tiles setup again or will it use the stalfos 2 tiles?

Stalfos 3 tiles are already included. Have been since the new enemy tiles were finalized in beta 126.

Starkist
03-14-2002, 04:48 PM
For some reason on my computer midis work in DOS but not Windows. No fault of ZC, just thought I'd mention it.

However, my bug in which swords shoot whether they're supposed to or not is still crawling around.

Dark Nation
03-14-2002, 05:59 PM
See if deleting the ag.cfg file fixes the midi problem.

As for the sword beam bug, I hope to fix that tomorrow morning.

Cyclone
03-14-2002, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Dark Nation
See if deleting the ag.cfg file fixes the midi problem.

And don't forget to recreate it through the new config program. :tongue:

I'm going to wait until beta 137 for my next d/l; I'm working with 135 for my contest. Also have a stupid test to prepare for 2morrow... :shrug:

Cyclone
[email protected]

KJAZZ
03-14-2002, 08:24 PM
WHOA!!!!

Geez! That's a lot! Time to get testing! :D

Cyclone
03-14-2002, 10:45 PM
DN, did you remove scrolling by simply using the mouse, on the right side (tiles) of the editor screen? I usually prefer that; could it be put back in, if removed? It wasn't doing the scroll thing earlier.

That said, a slower scroll might also be good; the last one was a bit fast, mayhaps.

Cyclone
[email protected]

JayeM
03-14-2002, 11:45 PM
I don't suppose you could make the windowed res 640x480 instead of 320x240?

Dark Dude
03-14-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Cyclone
DN, did you remove scrolling by simply using the mouse, on the right side (tiles) of the editor screen? I usually prefer that; could it be put back in, if removed? It wasn't doing the scroll thing earlier.

That said, a slower scroll might also be good; the last one was a bit fast, mayhaps.

Cyclone
[email protected] That's why the other option was made, because it went too fast. And how would that work in windows mode (which willl be made bigger, right?)?

Cronic
03-15-2002, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by JayeM
I don't suppose you could make the windowed res 640x480 instead of 320x240?

I've never cared to learn how resolution works, but if that means I'll be able to see my top tool bars then I concur.

Nightmare
03-15-2002, 06:52 PM
Boomerang Tiles shouldn't trigger after they've already been triggered (except in dungeons).

Also, you need to add a Boomerang --> Fairy flag to resemble BS-ZELDA quests.

-NJS-