PDA

View Full Version : My friend likes to touch children.

AtmaWeapon
03-14-2002, 02:25 AM
My friend spends a lot of time mentoring to elementary-aged kids. He helps them with their homework, reads them stories, and lets them ruthlessly slaughter him in basketball. He says his dream is to touch someone so that they live a better life because of him. It's kind of inspiring. I sometimes wish I had the time after school to give it a try. Does anyone know someone else like my friend?

Hey... why are you all looking at me like that? I didn't mean "touch children" in THAT way!! Sheesh. You people need to clean up your minds. ;)

plith
03-14-2002, 02:41 AM
Perhaps if you had said "My friend likes to touch children's lives," your description would've... fit better.

E-FORCE
03-14-2002, 02:45 AM
That's good. Helping children gives meaning to your life, and makes you feel that you have made a difference in their life.

bigjoe
03-14-2002, 02:53 AM
Im that way with Pandas. Me and loppy are like brothers. we go to the park , ride slides together, get on swings. I really enjoy touching him :)

JayeM
03-14-2002, 05:25 AM
bigjoe, the pandaphile! There's a new perversion for you...

Gerudo
03-14-2002, 05:48 AM
unfortunatly, this is a current job that i am actually moving away from (getting a new job)... ive been there since late october, and the bond you develop with the kids is like no other...

i am actually filled with regret that i AM leaving the place i work... i have a pic of the kids i taught (i work in a daycare, henceforth i am, well was, a teacher)... they are all so adorable...

:cry: too late for 2nd guesses...

i will have to look them up in like 10 years... these kids are 4 - 6 yrs old, so it makes it harder to leave...

...... i am actually fighting back tears while typing this... call me whatever you like, but the fact that i played an important role in the development of 23 kids for 5 months... and had a friendship with them (they are too young to understand it) is just more than some people can comprehend... you'd have to do it for so long to understand. i dunno,

i DO know, however, that the kids will be missed... i will never loose the pic...:cry:

CH@O$
03-14-2002, 06:53 AM
well the title is very misleading