PDA

View Full Version : Where last months topics end up, FAST

Zeo
03-13-2002, 03:27 PM
http://boards.armageddongames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47438

Remember that? that was what, Mid Januaray?

ITS ON PAGE 64

Back in July, posts from a YEAR ago where on the last page of GD (which was 92!)

So, if we have THAT darned many new topics, why deos it seem like GD is slower then it was back last winter (no not this currently ending winter)

I'll tell you why........the average page count for older topics was 3-7, its now 1-3..............

So when you think, Ah I'll reply to that later, REPLY NOW! or it might be on page ten by time you get back from the week end get away..........

[typo in title]

slothman
03-14-2002, 05:33 AM
I'm looking at the "view new posts" option and it came with 7 pages of posts. But I just checked yesterday in the morning. That's like 1 page every 3 hours being added.

P.S. This topic is on page 6 from when I came here. It's also on page 2.5 of GD.

Zeo
03-14-2002, 09:47 AM
View new posts is ALL the forums.

I was talking GD...but that's why the older members say it feels differnt, the same topics aren't sticking around for a week to a couple weeks any more, like they were then. GD is now differnt every day, instead of every week....its amazing

Jemsee
03-14-2002, 10:12 AM
So Zoe, do you view this as a good thing, or not?
Was it better as a small community, or do you see any value in the larger one of today?
What are the pros and cons of large vs. small?
I can relate to how a thread may not get the exposer one might feel it deserves, but what to do??

Zeo
03-14-2002, 10:57 AM
Actaully, truth be told the community is NOT any bigger, people just aren't as reluctant to post garbage.

For every new member we get that is active, we lose one, we've been at roughly 100 active since I've been here.

Seriusly, look at all the Snowcock, Breaker did this, Breaker did that, Billy Blow job, And other SPAM/.repetitve type of posts. THAT eally bumps up the page count after a while of it.

What happens is I were to say post a plain out Anti Breaker topic, 2-4 more people will just copy it. Garunteed. THAT'S whats pushing up the topic count......

Toolie
03-14-2002, 07:03 PM
<bump>