PDA

View Full Version : finally getting what she deserves

Gerudo
03-13-2002, 03:32 AM
oh yea, Andrea Yates is charged with CAPITAL MURDER, and will recieve sentencing soon.. finally she is gonna get what is coming to her...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A13649-2002Mar12.html

Drunken Tiger
03-13-2002, 03:52 AM
She's the psycho bitch who drowned all her children and tucked them into bed right??? People like her should be killed!!

There's a case in australia about a woman who went to gamble and left her 18month baby in the car!! the baby died of a heatstroke and suffocation!!

What complete morons!!:angry:

CH@O$
03-13-2002, 04:07 AM
they should be sat down and have fat people sit on their faces untill the end time

Brasel
03-13-2002, 11:03 AM
When I found out the verdict, I was out at dinner with my friend and his family. It was funny, they were all ranting and cheering saying things like "Hang the bitch!" It was quite funny.

I'm actually against capital punishment though. If I were the government, I think that a better punishment would be to lock her in a small cell with pictures of all her kids on the walls....just my opinion though...

Daarkseid
03-13-2002, 11:03 AM
Wow, you people seem to be missing two things from this, is that one, Andrea Yates was schizophrenic, and second, she was likely suffering from post partum depression. She killed her kids actually convinced she was saving them. All psychological evualations have confirmed this. If you're being nasty due to ignorance, I'd ask that you actually follow the event carefully before making such strong opinions like "Psycho Bitch", and if you were well aware of her severe mental problems, you could show at least a little compassion for her.

She was in hell even before she killed her kids, she's probably in hell after realizing what she had to her kids, and she still has an execution date to look forward to. I'd contest the death penalty on the grounds she was not completely right in the head when she committed the crimes, but the fact that the execution may spare her years of guilt and anxiety over what she did makes me also want to support the capital murder conviction.

Jemsee
03-13-2002, 11:37 AM
I also am not for capital punishment. This woman had 5 kids, and a husband. Would they want revenge on this terrible tragedy.
Imagine what the husband/father is going through. Obviously he knew she had problems, but not this bad. Now not only does he lose his kids, but his wife too.

Think about the movie "The 10th Kingdom". These events are eeriely similar. As a little girl, the main character was almost drowned by her mother, who was schizophrenic, but when older the girl did not seek revenge, what she wanted was her mothers love and forgiveness.

We live in a sick and twisted world, its the main reasion I am a scifi fan, and like playing fantasy games, reading fantasy books. My escape from reality...

Darunia
03-13-2002, 01:57 PM
...who? (Sorry for my ignorance...)

Pryme8
03-13-2002, 02:04 PM
Im sorry, but the woman needs help not to be killed... but hell poeple like that dont need to reproduce... my thery is that everyone was able to carry a gun and use it with probible casue the world would be a better place... cut in front fo my in line, BLAM... hes dead, flick me of BOOM shes bloody, hit my dog... RATATATATAT bodies every where.... Steal something, Shuck-chuck KABOOM! hell i think thats the best way to clean the gene pool...
:meanie: :evil:

me2
03-13-2002, 02:04 PM
I wish she was inoccent, Because I MISSED THE SIMPSONS BECAUSE OF HER! :D I feel sorry for those kids... :cry:

Link 101
03-13-2002, 03:41 PM
If only she was part of AGN she could of sought help here. LOL! She should of got help from a shrink or something. They say she was mentally ill at the time. And depressed.

Daarkseid
03-13-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Link 101
If only she was part of AGN she could of sought help here. LOL! She should of got help from a shrink or something. They say she was mentally ill at the time. And depressed.

She did get help, the incompetence on the part of the medical staff in charge of helping her, and continual neglect of her problems by those people involved made her treatment difficult. After each kid she had(and notice that she named her kids names like John, Mary, Luke and Paul, all of them very famous in the Christian bible, for which she claimed she was acting for when she killed her children) she'd get poshpartum depression, which they now say was a result of her schizophrenia.

They did not treat her schizophrenia and she was not known to have had Schizophrenia until after she killed her children. The only thing she was treated for was depression and all attempts to treat the cause of her depression were short winded and not actively pursued, even after each birth.

I still believe the death penalty should exist for those who commit heinous crimes against other human beings, but not if the person commiting the crime had little control over themselves and possessing mental illness. I would only support the death penalty for her if she truly wanted it and it was seen as more in the vein of euthanization than a penalty. The only recourse for penalty besides death that I can see is possibly being confined to an institution for life.

Brasel
03-13-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Daarkseid
Wow, you people seem to be missing two things from this, is that one, Andrea Yates was schizophrenic, and second, she was likely suffering from post partum depression. She killed her kids actually convinced she was saving them. All psychological evualations have confirmed this. If you're being nasty due to ignorance, I'd ask that you actually follow the event carefully before making such strong opinions like "Psycho Bitch", and if you were well aware of her severe mental problems, you could show at least a little compassion for her.

She was in hell even before she killed her kids, she's probably in hell after realizing what she had to her kids, and she still has an execution date to look forward to. I'd contest the death penalty on the grounds she was not completely right in the head when she committed the crimes, but the fact that the execution may spare her years of guilt and anxiety over what she did makes me also want to support the capital murder conviction.

Yeah, I'd been watching it, so I knew what was going on.

Link 101
03-13-2002, 04:18 PM
Well she should have got more help. Her husband should have helped or something.

Brasel
03-13-2002, 04:37 PM
Aparently her husband did try to get her help, but she wouldn't let him take her to a hospital. You know...if she goes anywhere for life, it should be an insane asylum.

ShyGuy0824
03-13-2002, 08:55 PM
Daarkseid, honestly, I don't feel that the mental capacity would actually bar someone from the death penalty. If you have little control over your actions and what you do, you will more than likely kill or hurt someone, which is why drug and alcohol-related crimes are very common nowadays, because they affect the mind. But the thing is, I don't think Andrea Yates would be able to be cured. This doesn't seem like she'll be waking up with a lunatic hangover, it's how she is forever. And either way, she'd be more like a caged animal in an asylum, and if she was allowed to be in the public once again, who knows what she might due. It's wasteful to save her life because either way she doesn't control it, and believe it or not, she did drown 5 kids in what was premeditated murder. If that's someone you let live just because she's crazy, that's ludicrous. That's why the death penalty exists, because of lunatics capable of heinous crimes.

cyberkitten
03-13-2002, 09:10 PM
believe me, he was no saint. he knew she was very mentally disturbed and that the children were causing some of her distress, yet he didn't wish to use birth control because it violated his version of the bible. in addition to that, he informed her that her job was to raise the children and his was to work. he was absent from the home a great deal, and insisted that she home school the children to keep them on the straight and narrow.
mental illness aside, we have a woman who was basically locked in her house and bound to her children and husband. she had few friends and, as far as she could tell, no safe place. that is enough to make the sanest person develop some serious problems. after being diagnosed with mental illnesses, and told by psychiatrists and psychologists that she needed to take a break, and after the severe postpartum depression, she was told that it was not advisable for her to have additional children. but they didn't believe in birth control. and god forbid her husband live with little or no sex.
there's also blame for the mental health professionals. if they felt she was a danger to her children, why were they still in the home? that's what children's services is supposed to be for. there are also social services for adults, and they should been involved and providing care and counselling for her as well.
i don't know that murder one is the best verdict for her situation, but if she got it, that bitch who ran the guy down and left him in her garage in the windshield of her car to bleed to death over a two to three day period had better get murder one and the death penalty.