PDA

View Full Version : 3D on gba... oh yeah...

KingArthur
03-12-2002, 07:21 PM
http://www.raylight.it/blueroses.htm

Its so beutifull... PSX quality 3D on the GBA...
/me is in love...

Dracula
03-12-2002, 08:43 PM
HOLY SHIT!!!:eek: Now we know, GBA doesn't have to rival PSX 2D games... now going 3D... :kawaii:

E-FORCE
03-12-2002, 09:04 PM
Are you for real!? You better not be messing around or there will be hell to pay if its fake! Oh yeah! Where did you find this out anyway?

Melonhead
03-12-2002, 09:34 PM
HELLYEAH!!!!!

Gerudo
03-12-2002, 09:44 PM
dude, im trying to beleive this, but it seems too good to be true...

if it is true, its very awesome

KingArthur
03-12-2002, 11:09 PM
Click the link.. watch the movies...

and be prepared to shit yourself...

Melonhead
03-13-2002, 12:12 AM
- Thousands of polygons in a single scene
- More than 3000 polygons per second with a 60% of screen coverage.
(Note this performance are computed in an average situation of playing,
- also considering input, AI and the needed processes for a game!)
- Motion capture animation
- Affine texture mapping
- Camera animation
- Skeletal animation
- Skinned characters
- Linear key interpolation for smooth animation
- Morphing support
- Scalable engine for either internal rooms and wide open space
- LOD
- Hierarchial hidden polygons/object remover to reduce overdraw.
- Colorkey polygons
- Glows, Lens FX, Coronas
- Particle systems
- Texture animation support
- All mapping method supported: planar, sphere, face, cylindrical, unwrap, box, tiling, mirroring…
- Multicamera with dynamic FOV
- Automatic maps arrangement in "texture memory" to optimize pipeline rendering
- Possibility to mix 2d and 3d together having 3d polygonal scene with custom 3d sprite technologies already used in our current projects

- Full PC preview using BlueRoses PC technology.
- All that you see as preview on pc you'll see on AGB

Future features:
- Fog table
- Lighting support
- Transparency

:eek:
:computer:

Cloral
03-13-2002, 01:11 AM
Actually, THPS2 did use a small ammount of 3D. The main character wasn't a sprite, but a 3D object. Would have been nice if everything else was 3D though. Figuring out the exact angles for some of the jumps was really tough from that fixed angle.

KingArthur
03-13-2002, 01:17 AM
We know that cloral... THPS3 uses Texture mapped 3d models, but still has the prerendered backgrounds... this here engine would be able to make a full 3D THPS on the GBA.

Daarkseid
03-13-2002, 01:39 AM
It still looks too good to be true... we'll see though, but those pictures look too sharp for a GBA display, which is limited to 240x160( 80x80 fewer pixels than the standard 320x240 display of past console displays). I didn't watch the videos though, so maybe they do show more than the pics.

MottZilla
03-14-2002, 01:51 AM
I really reccomend you not get too excited over this. It's nothing amazing. For the Gameboy's to get decent they atleast need to raise the resolution up to 320x240 which is equal to PSX, or even 256x224 would do, which is SNES/NES resolution. The current resolution is horrible for ports. SFA3 is one to mention that killed the graphical proportions.

Kairyu
03-14-2002, 03:38 PM
Even if this isn't true, Nintendo did say at one point, something like "No, there isn't a built in 3D(Unit, Renderer, or something...), But I'm sure some crafty game developer will figure out a way to do it." Note that that's not an exact translation, but the gist of the message was that it IS possible. No mention of quality, but there is a possibility.

Yoshiman
03-14-2002, 04:43 PM
Woah... and I thought the Golden Sun battle screens were good... THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ka waii: :kawaii: :kawaii: :kawaii: