PDA

View Full Version : funniest game review ever

Gerudo
03-12-2002, 11:49 AM
omg, i found this review of "Bayou Billy" over and Something Aweful, and rolled on the floor while trying to read it.

http://www.somethingawful.com/rompit/bayoubilly/index.htm

there.. i hope you enjoy it, funny as hell.:lol:

theplustwo
03-12-2002, 01:38 PM
I actually own that game (my mom bought it for me.. w00t!) so that brought back some memories.. not good memories, but memories nonetheless.

I've actually gotten to the 2nd stage but not past it. I don't believe that there is actually a stage three.

p.s. the reason it tells you to use the controller is that on some levels you used the zapper, but he never got to them.:laughing:

AtmaWeapon
03-12-2002, 02:08 PM
I own that game too. I've beaten it before. I had to use a Game Genie, though. It was tough as nails even with the Game Genie, because you frequently run into enemies that are like 100000000000 times stronger than you. The second-to last bosses have instant-death moves, and you have to fight two of them at once!

The guy who wrote that review apparently only played the first few levels. He made a big deal out of the bullets indicator and how you never get a gun, but that's not true. In some of the last levels, some enemies drop guns and you can use them.

Daarkseid
03-12-2002, 02:51 PM
Yeah, the guy's review was mostly based on two things: The sillyness of the game's premise(some guy crawls out of the luisiana bayous to rescue his sister.. I mean girlfriend) and the massive difficulty of the game.

A neat thing about this game though, was that the practice games, where you play the 4 different kind levels(driving, using the zapper, shooting enemies with the use of a crosshair, and normal street fighting). When you finished a practice stage without dying, the game would award you extra items to help you out in the main game. This was normally how I could get beyond the first few levels.

Arcayn
03-12-2002, 03:51 PM
The review is moderately funny even though he obviously got a few things wrong. Too bad I've never had a real nes myself. And I just can't bring myself to play these old games nowadays. With the exception of ZC, heh.