PDA

View Full Version : Opera Web Browser ?

Foxy
03-11-2002, 10:07 PM
This question is for anyone who uses the Opera Web browser. JJ downloaded it recently, and I like it for the most part. My only complaint is this: When I'm browsing AGN, and am idle or reading a thread or writing a PM, I find that if I don't keep moving between threads or forums, it logs me off and I have to keep logging back in again. I have no idea how to fix this, but it's really annoying. Can anyone help?!

Glenn the Great
03-11-2002, 10:16 PM
I use Opera, and I haven't had this problem with the forums. Check to make sure all of your cookie settings look good, both on the browser and on AGN to be safe.

vegeta1215
03-12-2002, 12:12 AM
Since I've been using Opera for Linux, it hasn't given me that problem. But, when I go home and use Opera on my Dad's Windows machine, the same thing happens to me all the time. I don't know what's up with it.

It might have to do with how you have your cache set, and how often it checks for new stuff, but I'm not really sure.

inori
03-12-2002, 12:31 AM
I just downloaded Opera (last night, actually) and I'm giving it a go. So far, I haven't seen it do that... but I occasionally got logged off when using Internet Explorer as well. So it may not be a browser-specific problem. That would seem kind of odd, but I guess it's possible.

Jemsee
03-12-2002, 04:43 AM
Maybe you already know this,snagged it off techtv. techtv (http://www.techtv.com/products/software/story/0,23008,3360533,00.html)

"You can customize Opera aplenty with the Alt + P key, which when pressed brings up a tree-like menu to tweak many of the browser's settings. Users can customize just about any feature in Opera 6.0. "

Maybe there is a setting you can change to keep it from logging off.:)