PDA

View Full Version : Request involving beta testing

plith
03-11-2002, 09:33 PM
No, this isn't a request for a spot on the team (as much as KJAZZ would attest that I'd just LOVE a spot still).

I'm just asking if anyone has a list of current beta testers for ZC. This is mostly so I can keep people straight when I see their posts involving such things as quests they're working on.

Kratheous
03-11-2002, 11:34 PM
Absolute Zelda Classic always has the current list of beta testers in the Beta Reports... Here's the link to the specific section inside of the Beta Reports: AZC Beta Testers (http://absolutezeldaclassic.homestead.com/beta_testers.html)

VEL
03-11-2002, 11:39 PM
Why am I not a beta tester anymore? :(
I was working on the new enemies for the BS tiles, and the BS Zelda quest.

plith
03-11-2002, 11:41 PM
They got rid of the old beta testers and then made a new signup thing. I wasn't around AGN at the time, either.

VEL
03-11-2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by plith
They got rid of the old beta testers and then made a new signup thing. I wasn't around AGN at the time, either.

They did? I never saw that and I come here everyday at least a couple of times. :(

KJAZZ
03-12-2002, 01:25 AM
If I had any say in the matter, I would nominate both of you to be beta testers, not just because you're friends, but because VEL did a great job testing, and plith would be a great tester as well, provided he stuck around AGN and didn't leave.

Cyclone
03-12-2002, 01:41 AM
Well, I agree; both plith and VEL would be excellent candidates. And to top it all off, I think Glenn is seeking one person, still; he might bend and allow you both. Contact him A.S.A.P., you two.

Cyclone
[email protected]

VEL
03-12-2002, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Cyclone
Well, I agree; both plith and VEL would be excellent candidates. And to top it all off, I think Glenn is seeking one person, still; he might bend and allow you both. Contact him A.S.A.P., you two.

Cyclone
[email protected]

I just sent him a PM.

When did beta testing start up again? I was one until the boards went down late last year, and the beta testing forum was gone, and I heard DN was taking a break for awhile. I didn't even know it started up again. :confuse2:

Cyclone
03-12-2002, 03:58 PM
Lesse...

Heads to private area, and returns.

January 30. :)

Glenn had an announcement in every ZC forum for maybe a week until that date, as well.

Cyclone
[email protected]

VEL
03-12-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Cyclone
Lesse...

Heads to private area, and returns.

January 30. :)

Glenn had an announcement in every ZC forum for maybe a week until that date, as well.

Cyclone
[email protected]

I don't know how I could have missed that. Do the announcement posts show up in the "view new posts" area?
I usually click on "view new posts" on the main forum page to see all the new posts in all forums. I have been to the forums multiple times each day for quite awhile and I don't know how I could have missed that. :(

Cyclone
03-12-2002, 04:38 PM
I don't know how I could have missed that. Do the announcement posts show up in the "view new posts" area?

No.

I usually click on "view new posts" on the main forum page to see all the new posts in all forums. I have been to the forums multiple times each day for quite awhile and I don't know how I could have missed that. :(

Because you would have only seen it from a view similar to this (http://boards.armageddongames.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=26); see
Nightmare's announcement at the top of the page, which is a topic list for this very forum. The announcements only appear in the specific forums selected by the moderator in question; that is, I could post a single announcement in ZC Disc. and QA/D, and no where else. I can't announce, however, in GD or other such forums, as I don't moderate those.

Cyclone
[email protected]

VEL
03-12-2002, 04:58 PM
Thanks for explaining that, now I know why I never saw that post.