PDA

View Full Version : BOOOO! Gonzaga got shafted!

SiliconHero
03-11-2002, 06:37 PM
What a rip-off...Gonzaga got a #6 seeding in the NCAA mens' basketball tournament, and they had been doing so well all year (ranked 6th in the nation - highest ever for that school). I was expecting the team to get a third or fourth seed in the tourney. How do the 'Zags (ranked #6) get a #6 seed, while a team like Ohio State (ranked #12 on the USA Today/ESPN poll) can get a #3? The bracket set-up confuses me so much. :confused:

Okay, now that I'm done "ranting"...GO PENN STATE WOMEN!

Starkist
03-11-2002, 06:50 PM
I've followed Gonzaga all year, and yes, they deserved higher. But you know, they have to beat the good teams anyway to win it all, so it really doesn't matter. I can see them beating Arizona in the second round, I can see them going to the Final Four. They can do it. :D

SiliconHero
03-11-2002, 06:52 PM
Have you started filling out a bracket already, Starkist? I'm waiting for the Alcorn State/Siena match to conclude so that I can find out which team will get whupped by Maryland...

Starkist
03-11-2002, 07:27 PM
I've printed my bracket, but I haven't filled it out yet. I can usually randomly predict upsets pretty well, but I always let wishful thinking trump what I know. I'll put Gonzaga in the championship game. :D Speaking of wishful thinking, I like to imagine the #1s losing in the first round, that would be so fun!