PDA

View Full Version : Item Usage Question(s)

PrismDreamer
03-11-2002, 03:12 AM
I couldn't find a better place to put this, so I'll just ask here:

What exactly does the Lens of Truth do in ZC? (Particularly since the Cross is how you reveal invisible enemies...)

Also, is there anywhere to check the stats on various items? (How strong is that fire boomerang, anyway...)

Thanks.

millmill
03-11-2002, 03:26 AM
The lens of truth allows you to see secret combos( i.e. bombable walls) when you use it.

There isn't anything in ZQuest that allows you to view the stats on different items. From what I remember, the fire boomerang gives the same amount of damage as the white sword.

Cloral
03-11-2002, 04:16 AM
The lens of truth lets you also see most of the flags. This can be both good and bad. If you want to mark out something, you can put the 'all purpose' flag on it and when the player uses the lens it will show up as white. On the other hand, enemy placement flags and other similar stuff shows up too, which is generally an undesired effect as it can confuse the player needlessly.

MagmaLord
03-12-2002, 11:00 AM
The Lens of Truth can also be used the see "invisible walls". To do this you use the flags 16-32, I think, and you put the flags on the unwalkable tiles, that look similar to normally walkable tiles. Then you set the secret combo(s) which correspond to the flag(s) that you used. The secret combo(s) should be made to look like walls, that way the lens will allow you to see walls that are invisible.
IMPORTANT: Don't put flags in the room with your invisible walls that would allow for the wall to be seen, unless you want the wall to be visible. And don't select the enemies/secret option for that room as it will have the same effect.

K-Teclis
03-14-2002, 10:23 AM
Arrgh...
I hate that the enemy flags show up too...