PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, Spring Break~

The Silent Assassin
03-11-2002, 03:06 AM
I am temporarily stuck witha 56K dial up until this Sunday, so I may get in a post of two a day.

I realize how "good" I have it with T3...and how I post so much...with this POS...I am so ANNOYED waiting, I get bored and sign off...thus I posted so slow. Heh...cool.

Anyway...seems like a lot has happened in the past few days...but uh...I'll catch up next week...same with News.

Peace out all!

~TSA

AtmaWeapon
03-11-2002, 10:58 AM
Hey, your Spring Break is the same as mine!

I can relate to the crappy modem. On holidays when we go to my great-grandmother's house, I have to use her computer. Her lines are bad, so the highest speed I ever connect is about the speed of a bad 33.6 modem, but usually I connect at 28.8. I used to have a 56k, but now I'm SO glad for my DSL. To our low-bandwidth friends: I tip my hat to you, you have great patience!

theplustwo
03-11-2002, 11:53 AM
Out here we had a crappy 28k connection (from living too far away from town) and one phone line... until this January! Then we got DirecWay Satellite service... it's 768k always on (not the fastest, but a hell of a lot better. So I guess what I'm saying is I feel for you guys.

SiliconHero
03-11-2002, 11:59 AM
Dang you, TSA! My Spring break came a week too early...

Zeo
03-11-2002, 04:15 PM
Give me a break, I don't get spring break for a while yet.....

AND you guys say you can do NOTHING witha 56k!?!?!?!

I found it fast enough to have made 1000 in a month ALL on 56K use!!!!!!!!

Its not that bad........now 28.8....*shudders*

Still I now do a lot at school.........

Daarkseid
03-11-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Zeo
Give me a break, I don't get spring break for a while yet.....

AND you guys say you can do NOTHING witha 56k!?!?!?!

I found it fast enough to have made 1000 in a month ALL on 56K use!!!!!!!!

Its not that bad........now 28.8....*shudders*

Still I now do a lot at school.........

Yeah, but thats if you've never gotten used to high speed internet access. I would make a thousand posts in a month on a 56k connection(which went at a lesser rate anyway because of antiquated phone lines). After I got used to Cable Modem connection, I went on my cousin's PC, that had DSL, but with a bad hub, so the connection consantly broke every few minutes. I couldn't stand to post once because the connection would break after typing the post up and I would fail to get the reply posted, because of a broken connection. After that I gave up on trying to post, so for the two weeks of being at my cousin's, I stopped browsing the forums daily and posting altogether.

Zeo
03-11-2002, 05:46 PM
OH No you don't Dark ;)

I live with a T3, Fiber, Wireless hybrid netwrk, that gets over 70 megs a second on its prime every day at school, and I'm not spoiled when I come home to the 56k..............

NO-ONE gets any sympathy from me for having to use a 56k.........................

Dragon420
03-11-2002, 08:59 PM
LOL u guys act like a 56k is like 2 dixie cups and some string.
the only things i don't like about a 56k is it lags up my starcraft game and i get booted offline alot but other than that its not all that bad.

Melonhead
03-11-2002, 09:02 PM
lol
i use a cable, and i'd absolutely DIE if i was forced to use a 56k
its like drugs
once you get on one, you never can go b ack:D

Dragon420
03-11-2002, 09:21 PM
I have been on a cable modem before and it wasn't as great as everyone says it is but when your DLing a map on starcraft or a program or something then its alot better than a 56k.
But I like what I got.

Mak-X
03-11-2002, 10:53 PM
Hohohoho, how does it feel to have a mere mortal's internet speed?!
oh..you..already answered that...

ShyGuy0824
03-11-2002, 11:04 PM
Jeez TSA, 56k isn't so bad... Honestly, it only takes ten seconds to load a page, so it's not that bad of a wait. Let's just say that it makes what you read more meaningful if it's good, and makes you wish you were a mod of the forum if it's meaningless crap.

Glenn the Great
03-11-2002, 11:17 PM
You pansies. When a page hasn't completely loaded after 5 seconds you are probably pulling your hairs out and screaming at it to load. 26.4K is the best I've been able to connect at for 3 years, and I've never had the opportunity to use anything faster for more than maybe 10 minutes in my life. Just for your information, it takes an average of 30 seconds for a forum page to load, and about 50 seconds for a reply to register. I consider that perfectly normal and acceptable.

theplustwo
03-12-2002, 12:39 AM
Ahh, but the suckest part is when you are using a shared 28.8 (14.4) connection on your only phone line (which is what I had since 1996 until this january.) In a household with 6 people.

Zeo
03-12-2002, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by ShyGuy0824
Let's just say that it makes what you read more meaningful if it's good, and makes you wish you were a mod of the forum if it's meaningless crap.

YES! If I modded GD, a lot of things that are currently are suffered to remain open for benifit of the boderline doubt would be closed for SPAM..........and more edited for flaming.....

The Silent Assassin
03-14-2002, 03:56 AM
I just discovered higher resolutions = faster load times. Hmm...I made 5 posts today...my total combined for the week in 1 day!

Only 3 more days till T3 is back!