PDA

View Full Version : Good news on Castlevania for GCN...

Dracula
03-10-2002, 09:23 PM
Well, Konami is pointing there project of Castlevania on GCN to ba a 2D game. Good for classic Castlevania fans, maybe bad for those looking for a 3D game. Oh, also, it will have 3D cut scenes in it. Hopefully, we'll all look foward to it.

*edit* DAMMIT! I meant to post a poll. I put it on the poll option, but it didn't do it

vegeta1215
03-10-2002, 09:53 PM
::looks for a way to add a poll::

Crap, I can't find a way to add a poll to this topic (as you wanted to do). Maybe you have to do that when creating the topic. I do know I can edit polls once they're made, but that's it (I think anyways).

Anyways, I think a 2D Castlevania would be cool on GCN. I bet it would have really cool graphics.

Daarkseid
03-10-2002, 10:09 PM
That would be awesome! I'm not a big fan of 3D platformers, so I've had little incentive to even try Castlevania 64 or its sequel of sorts. I'm still looking more forward to a possible PSX rerelease of Dracula X: Rondo of Blood though, especially considering my failure to burn a near perfect copy of the PC-Engine game on CD.

Mak-X
03-10-2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Daarkseid
That would be awesome! I'm not a big fan of 3D platformers, so I've had little incentive to even try Castlevania 64 or its sequel of sorts

You'd probably hate Castlevania (64) and Legacy of Darkness as Castlevania games, though EGM gave C64 a Silver because it was decent for a 3-D Castlevania. If you play one, play Legacy of Darkness which is just a Special Edition of Castlevania 64. The only differences are some levels are redone for the better, new levels added, 2 more characters, and Dracula, Carrie, and Reindhart actually talked briefly at the beginning of the game.

Where can I find info on Castlevania for GCN?

theplustwo
03-11-2002, 01:01 AM
Hopefully they dont make it into a shitty 2-1/2-D monstrosity like Yoshi's Story, although they (hopefully) will have learned from nintendo's mistreak.

Daarkseid
03-11-2002, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by fmehmobile
Hopefully they dont make it into a shitty 2-1/2-D monstrosity like Yoshi's Story, although they (hopefully) will have learned from nintendo's mistreak.

That is a seriously retarded argument you give. Yoshi's Story sucked not because of 2 1/2D, but because of the gameplay, it was, if people's reports on the game can be followed, seriously made for a younger audience and proved to not be fun. The fact it was done in 2 1/2D had little to do with its failure.

An example of an awesome 2 1/2D game would be Strider 2 for the PSX, which is a 2D platformer that has its backgrounds shift in 3D around your character and it looks absolutely awesome, especially on the Flying Battleship stage where you're high up in the air on flying platforms, with a 3D flying battleship in the background that turns as your platform revolves around it and moves closer to it. 2 1/2D can be badass if the gameplay that goes with it is good.

theplustwo
03-11-2002, 01:29 PM
First of all, I apologize for being 'retarded.' Seriously, I see what you mean, after reading my post again I see that I didn't make a very good case for my argument.

Yes, Yoshi's Story wasn't really that bad of a game, it just wasn't what fans of SMW2 were expecting. The only really bad thing about it being 2 1/2D was that that was supposed to be a major selling point. But I see how you can get mad, since I pretty much changed this topic into an argue about yoshi's story thread.

So, to change it back..

Yes, I am really looking forward to where the Castlevania series will go on the GCN!!

DarkDragoonX
03-11-2002, 02:15 PM
2D is good. 3D is bad. Let's hope they make it Dracula X/SotN/CotM style! :kawaii:

Daarkseid
03-11-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by DarkDragoonX
2D is good. 3D is bad. Let's hope they make it Dracula X/SotN/CotM style! :kawaii:

Actually, Dracula X is one of the more unique games in the series, and couldn't really considered SotN or CotM in much of its gamelay(unless of course you were saying that the new Castlevania be like Dracula X, then I am willing to agree willingly for it). It had traditional linear Castlevania play, with the ability to play through alternate levels and rescue four characters, one of which enables a second playable character. With the rescue of all four characters, you get an alternate ending. Plus each character comes accompanied with a cool Anime cutscene. Now if this new Castlevania for GC utilitzed FMV anime sequences in addition to SotN/CotM gameplay, it could quite possibly be the greatest thing I've ever played.

And for you fmehmobile, to clear things up, I wasn't calling you retarded, but your argument retarded. 2 1/2D indeed did not kill Yoshi's Story, it was Yoshi's Story's gameplay. I know the selling point of the game was 2 1/2D, but the 2 1/2D gameplay didn't sink the game, but failed to save it is where you may have gotten a bad impression of 2 1/2D initially.

theplustwo
03-11-2002, 08:41 PM
Yes, this is exactly what I meant :D , I will state my arguments more clearly next time, so as not to be misinterpreted.

Dracula
03-11-2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Mak-X

Where can I find info on Castlevania for GCN?

Well... you have to...

1. Learn Japanese

2. Become a member of the Konami Internet Club from the Japanese Website

3. Learn all about it

They don't have anything on it on the American/English sites.

Melonhead
03-11-2002, 09:27 PM
cool
i am a big fan of the castlevania style of gameplay

MetaStaiford
03-11-2002, 09:41 PM
i seriously hope this will be similar to SotN

that was a kewl game, and pretty much a perfect blending of RPG and action

the castlevania for N64 was fairly annoying if you ask me

Dracula
03-12-2002, 09:01 PM
Well, Konami wants it unlinear (like SOTN) and the use of polygons in complex levels, and in cutscenes. They want the cutscenes to be better than Resident Evil's graphics. I really can't wait...