PDA

View Full Version : Ganondorf Dragmire

Jemsee
03-10-2002, 12:31 PM
In researching a "new poll" for DC, the subject came up that Ganon was a wizard.
I have found him refered to as a thief with black arts, and a man from the west with a sorcerers energys.
But would you classify him as a wizard?

Tygore
03-10-2002, 07:10 PM
I believe that, as GANON, he studied magic much more to the point where he became a wizard. But as GANONDORF, he was a theif who knew some basic magic.

Jemsee
03-13-2002, 06:47 PM
Yes, Ganon could be considered a wizard of magic.

wizard
1. One who practices magic; a sorcerer or magician.
2. A skilled or clever person:
3. Archaic. A sage.
4. One devoted to the black art; a magician; a conjurer; a sorcerer; an enchanter.

The Silent Assassin
03-14-2002, 04:05 AM
He is classified as a wizard in A Link to the Past, along with Agahnim.

However...i feel since he is a dark wizard...he is more of a warlock. He is also known as:

King of Thieves
Prince of Darkness
Dark Wizard
Mandrag Ganon

bonegolem
03-15-2002, 03:32 PM
If you believe that OoT was not Link's actual first quest, then you could say that Ganondorf was possessed by Ganon's spirit and was thus consumed by evil.

My personal theory? I believe that Ganondorf was the born Evil King. When Link destroyed Ganondorf up to the point that he was about to die, Ganondorf became Ganon. He then never took on a human body again. Just a couple of questions:

(1) Did Ganondorf ever lay his hands on the Triforce?
(2) How did you ever get the name Mandrag Ganon?
(3) Does Ganondorf have a last name? What is it?

The Silent Assassin
03-15-2002, 03:49 PM
(1) Did Ganondorf ever lay his hands on the Triforce?

Yes. In Ocarina of Time, he touched the entire thing. In A Link to the Past, he gets the whole thing in the end. In Legend of Zelda, he has the Triforce of Power.

(2) How did you ever get the name Mandrag Ganon?

Derived from:

man·drake Pronunciation Key (mndrk)
n.

A southern European plant (Mandragora officinarum) having greenish-yellow flowers and a branched root. This plant was once believed to have magical powers because its root resembles the human body.

Mandrag Ganon is the name of Ganon after he became the monster Ganon. He was once human, but is forever a monster as a result of the corrupted power of the Triforce of Power. Mandrag Ganon is just the twisted form of Ganondorf Dragmire, a truncation of Ganondorf and Dragmire.

(3) Does Ganondorf have a last name? What is it?

Ganondorf's human last name is "Dragmire".

King Link
03-17-2002, 06:58 PM
As a few have already mentioned, there are two Ganon's(dorf).

Ganon and Ganondorf. I believe that Ganondorf is a wizard or magician but as Ganon, just very powerful with magical moves.

VGWarrior
03-17-2002, 07:26 PM
Be it Ganon, Gannon, Ganondorf, or Mandrag, he definitely goes by UGLY on all accounts.

However, thank you for teaching me what a Mandragora is. I've played Castlevania: CotM, and I could never figure out why one of those cards was called Mandragora.

Jigglysaint
03-17-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by VGWarrior
Be it Gannon, Gannon, Ganondorf, or Mandrag, he definitely goes by UGLY on all accounts.

However, thank you for teaching me what a Mandragora is. I've played Castlevania: CotM, and I could never figure out why one of those cards was called Mandragora.

Boy would I hate to be in your shoes!

Tygore
03-17-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by VGWarrior
Be it Ganon, Gannon, Ganondorf, or Mandrag, he definitely goes by UGLY on all accounts.

What about Mr. Dragmire, the polite english demon?

The Silent Assassin
03-17-2002, 10:02 PM
He did spell it right the first time...Jiggly...

Mak-X
03-18-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by bonegolem
My personal theory? I believe that Ganondorf was the born Evil King. When Link destroyed Ganondorf up to the point that he was about to die, Ganondorf became Ganon. He then never took on a human body again.

Ganon became human again as Ganondorf at the end of Ocarina of Time when the Seven Sages sealed him in the Golden Land. He's slowly spinning around as he's being sealed away and says:

"Curse you Link...Curse you Zelda...
I will get revenge on your decendants..."

(something like that. I don't remember that exact quote)

The Zelda Cartoon classifies Ganon as a wizard. This was during the time when not much was known about Ganon except he had the Triforce of Power, and could use magic with the only info from The Legend of Zelda and possibly Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link.

Like TSA said he's more of a Warlock. Super Smash Bros. Melee uses the term "Warlock" for some of his moves.

Ganondorf was the King of Theives in the race of Gerudo. He study the the ancient texts and legends and learned about the Triforce. He also possessed Magic before getting the Triforce of Power as seen when Young Link meets him at the Hyrule Castle gate and Ganondorf uses a magic blast against Link who had drawn his sword against the evil man.

The Silent Assassin
03-18-2002, 05:55 PM
I heard in the original Zelda...Wizzrobes were the apprentices of Ganon's magic.