PDA

View Full Version : Trigger temp/perm combos

blckscab
03-10-2002, 12:28 PM
Can someone please tell me what the temp and perm combos do and how to use them.:confused:

I-Man
03-10-2002, 01:56 PM
When you put a trigger temp flag on a tile, when Link steps on it it automatically activates all the secret combos on the screen until you leave and come back. A trigger perm permenantly keeps those new secret combos it made appear.

I will now do a quick explanantion of secret combos: There are combo flags 16-31, you spread these flags where you want combos 16-31 to appear when you activate them (via trigger temp/perm or whistle). To set up what combos the flags 16-31 represent go to: data: secret combos and a screen will pop up showing you all the boxes for each flag. Click on a box to choose what tile appears when you activate that flag. Sorry this is a bad explanantion but I'm sure if you toy around with it you can figure it out.

Another thing, screen 83 is the screen where you can put the combos you want to be able to use as secret ones.

plith
03-10-2002, 02:29 PM
Another thing to note: in Dungeon DMaps, there is no trigger perm. If you place a trigger perm combo in a dungeon, it will be treated as a temporary one.

blckscab
03-10-2002, 05:10 PM
Now I get it:D

You can make switchs and stuff like that with it which will set of the secret combos, like the enemys->secret combo.

Is that it?

I-Man
03-10-2002, 09:13 PM
Right, so you can make switches htat make things change, like landforms move out of the way and what ever else your imagination comes up with.

blckscab
03-11-2002, 03:58 PM
Ok, thanks for helping me!:D :D :D