PDA

View Full Version : i need...

big_cheese
03-09-2002, 09:26 PM
...a FF1 tileset. does any1 have 1?

plith
03-09-2002, 11:25 PM
Here (http://thedarkspire.netfirms.com/tilesheet.bmp) is a tilesheet I made from FF1. It's already in 16-color, so you can just import the CSet. It doesn't have any sprites or anything, but it's a start.

big_cheese
03-11-2002, 07:49 PM
i already have that. i meant like the overworld and towns and stuff like that.:rolleyes:

EDIT: oops i thought i was that one that has the charecters an stuff......

plith
03-11-2002, 08:03 PM
For most/all of those tiles in that sheet, I ripped them from maps at http://www.classicgaming.com/ff1/ . In case you need to rip any other tiles, that's the best place to get stuff (just look at the maps, possibly in .png format, 100% scale).

Demimore
10-31-2002, 12:12 PM
Aha.... A member with *my* avatar.... Go to jail!! No, just kidding.... Do you mean the original FF for the NES? If you do.... FF3 for NES is nicer....

Ian
10-31-2002, 02:51 PM
I would jst like to say, that this person hasn't posted in months. And it's unlikly that they would even see this. Try to look at the dates of the threads you post in, this person has already gotten what they needed, and he/she had the avatar before you -_-

KJAZZ
11-01-2002, 09:08 PM
...and I thought Big_cheese posted again. Oh well. And Ian, don't bother saying that every time, it's not needed..

Demimore
11-04-2002, 04:37 AM
Huh? Why did somebody reply to this then? It wasnt me.

plith
11-04-2002, 09:51 AM
It sure as hell looks like you.

ShadowTiger
11-04-2002, 11:19 AM
:laughing: *singing* Sometimes ya just gotta post! :eat: :kawaii: *stops, B/C someone hit me with a flying porkchop.*

I personally never even played FF3 on the NES. Is it different from FF3 on the SNES? 'Cause that was pure gold. ;)

Sorry to change topic. It's just one quick question. At least I realized it this time... :sweat:

plith
11-04-2002, 12:01 PM
Incredibly different. FF3 for the NES (FF3j) has a different storyline, job system, and is not the same as FF3 for the SNES (FF6j). Go find a ROM of it or something and compare.

ShadowTiger
11-04-2002, 06:20 PM
I did. Thanks. But I just couldn't stand the low quality graphics (I mean, when I've already seen FF3 on SNES, mind you.) Besides, If I've already played FF3 on SNES, then why play the lower version on NES. It boggles the mind! Even that FF3 can be different from FF3! :goofy:

Demimore
11-05-2002, 05:37 AM
FF3 (The REAL FF3) is the only FF game that I like.... I think the others (sorry :( ) Suck.... Yes, you heard me. :)

ShadowTiger
11-05-2002, 11:25 AM
But which one is the -REAL- FF3. I regard it as the SNES version, because Kefka is so cool. :kawaii:

Best. Boss. Ever! :evil: :sly:

plith
11-05-2002, 05:16 PM
That is not the real FF3. That is FF6. Get your FF's straight.

KJAZZ
11-06-2002, 12:54 AM
Let me explain it to you..

Final Fantasy 1 ENG = FF1 Japan
FF2 Eng = FF4 Japan
FF3 Eng = FF6 Japan

So, the English Final Fantasy 3, is actually Final Fantasy 6. So unles you use roms, You missed out on FF2j, FF3j, and FF5j. They're good. And they are NOT the same. I think you need to read pliths posts..the REAL FF3 is the one for the NES. The one you are referring to is Final Fantasy 6. Get them straight, like plith said. ;p

Huh? Why did somebody reply to this then? It wasnt me.

It sure as hell looks like you.
lol ;) exactly.

C-Dawg
11-06-2002, 02:41 AM
Its a shame that we didnt get all the final fantasies in order, because if you play through them all you can easily see the steady evolution up through FF6. (Seven and above are a totally different style of game.) BH4, FF3's graphics were not shabby at all. The game can best be described as using FF5's menu and job system, and FF4's graphics rendered on the NES. The battles in FF3 are the happy Final Fantasy style we all know and love (no more fucking "ineffective" attacks on nothing, thank god), INCLUDING the amazingly intuitive idea of damage numbers popping out of the enemy.

FF3 is long, fucking hard, and good. Unlike the later games, in which every class was basically useful all the time, in FF3 you have to switch constantly in order to take advantage of new items or beat horrendous bosses. I STILL have nightmares trying to beat the Dark Paladin cave (with the multiplying monsters who can randomly kill you in one hit) without four Paladins... It's also the first time Moogles make an appearance, and that ALONE is worth playing it :)

-C

Teilyr
11-06-2002, 03:28 AM
Oh god.. Not the Dark Paladin cave.. *shivers* That place broke a few of my controllers into bits..

Like everyone has said.. FF3 is the shiz. Play it. Now.

ps.. If you still don't get the J/E ff titles, scribble this down on a napkin.

1j is 1 US.
2j was never released here on NES.
3j was never released here on NES.
4j is FF2 US (SNES)
5j was never released on SNES, but can be found on the PSX.
6j is 3 US.

Get it? If not, then something's wrong with you.