PDA

View Full Version : OK, what's the deal?

DragonCommander
03-09-2002, 06:30 PM
I've noticed this for some time now. Here's my rant.

I've had people deliberately signing off when I want to speak to them, people just plain ignoring me, and people (when they even bother to notice my existence) take what I call a "fly in the jam" approach toward me. They act as if I'm lower than them, a lower species. This isn't just mods/amins - it's normal, regular people.
Here's news, dudes and dudettes.
I'm a normal Homo sapiens sapiens just lkike the rest of you. I'm not some sort of emotionless pond weed that happened to learn to type, you know.
I have heartstrings, and combining the way I get treated here with the treatment I get at school, they are really being strained.

I stay here for the Zelda Classic community. I enjoy making quests. However, I want to make a group quest, try to recruit some people, and what response do I get? Absolutely nothing. Not even those who had originally volunteered as beta testers didn't say anything. Beta testers are supposed to keep an eye on the thing they are testing.
I've realised now.
They weren't there as beta testers. They were there to leech off anything cool I'd done in my quest, using my respect for them for "helping" to make my quest the best it could be against me.
OK - no beta testers.
I beta-test.

When I first joined, I found this to be somewhere where people helped each other. I got help from people like LORDCRONIC (as he was then), plith and others. Now I'm completely and utterly ignored.
I try to make nice, friendly, helpful suggestions (such as the newsgroup alt.games.armageddon, which I've made a proposal for). I made this so that ZC would get a new influx of people visiting... do I get any mention, thanks, hell, any kind of announcement on the forums? No. It's just another thing I said in my #AGN log. What's more, only one person cared for 5 seconds or so, then it was just forgotten.

What's going on?
Is there some kind of anti-DragonCommandrian conspiracy?
Do you actually like me?
I may decide to call this my epitaph... I may have my epitaph as simply "The One who was Ignored".
Thank you for listening (if you bothered to).

J.J. Maxx
03-09-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by DragonCommander
Is there some kind of anti-DragonCommandrian conspiracy?

Nope. :thumbsup:

theplustwo
03-09-2002, 06:39 PM
Hey man, I feel for you, I just couldn't bring myself to read your post without replying (what sort of cruel joke would that be?) Since practical jokes are only funny when the victim is an established jerk.

Isn't that what were all here for? Too help\be helped by others? Otherwise the only reason for joining the forum is to exclude others, and to me, that doesn't seem right at all.

DragonCommander
03-09-2002, 06:43 PM
Thank you.
Thank you.
(I would say it some more, but that would be spam. :laughing: )
I'd just like to thank JayeM. She has, after all, always responded to something I've said, even if it's just "Yeah, DC, why don't you do it?" or "Nah, not a good idea, DC."
She's nice.
Thank you, JayeM.

MetaStaiford
03-09-2002, 06:46 PM
I know how that is, people do that to me a lot, for a reason that gives me a very good excuse to make them cough up blood from heavy punches and kicks.

I have no idea why they do it to you, maybe its accidental, or maybe its something they dont like about you. i dont give a fuck what species you are, you still deserve to be treated as an equal.

In my case, its usually the rednecks and the jocks who are too ignorant to know me, who try to change who i am. They want me to become a muscle-bound person with an IQ in the double digits who writes hetero human to human stories ONLY. just goes to show me why my IQ is 162 and theirs is below 80.

You may wanna find out why your being treated like shit. if its a problem, correct it. if your like me and have traits that make you a true deviant, a simple 'fuck you dude' to the people who treat you so poorly is usually the best answer

The Savior
03-09-2002, 07:35 PM
I don't know why that is, but if I've ever done it to you (or anyone else for that matter) it isn't anything that I mean to do.

Pryme8
03-09-2002, 07:38 PM
If you need anyhelp witha nything like beta testing or working on quest togeather IM YOUR MAN!!! just add me to your msn or your aol or somthing ad im ready to help!

JayeM
03-09-2002, 10:07 PM
Hi, DC. In a forum this large, it's easy to get lost in the shuffle. A lot of people feel like they're being ignored. I don't read all the posts in the few forums I keep track of here, because I just don't have time. I have to pick the ones that interest me personally. Except in ZQ Editor Help where if I see a post asking for help that hasn't been answered I try to help. I imagine a lot of other people are the same way. This is why the old-timers long for the "good old days" when there weren't so many members.

A lot of quests are being made these days and it just isn't possible to try them all. I hardly ever mess with demos these days, but wait for the full quest to come out. And as far as beta-testers go, your problem is a common one. Two people I've beta-tested for told me that I was the only tester who bothered to respond. I've gotten out of beta-testing to spend more time on my own quests.

I thought your newsgroup idea was a good one and I've been waiting for an announcement...are you still planning on doing it? It would be especially helpful when the forums go down. I'm not sure if there's a limit on attachment size in newsgroups and if the average quest file could be attached. Do you know?

plith
03-09-2002, 11:55 PM
Personally, I don't care much one way or another (but thanks for mentioning me in your post, I sometimes feel the same way, and things like that help my mood). But part of the thing is that I got my brain strained helping people with what by now seem like such trivial things in working ZQuest that they're second nature to me. So eventually I gave up on trying to help people until I felt like I wasn't getting stupider answering questions... :lol:. But anyways, I'm probably not gonna reply to another topic of yours for maybe a month. Nothing personal, just my own nature.

Drunken Tiger
03-10-2002, 02:48 AM
im sure they dont do it on purpose!!
i mean lots of people sign on and off because of the time difference and other things.

balzac
03-10-2002, 04:10 AM
Heh... people do that to me all the time. I remember back to the old UBB.... I posted a topic in ZC Quest Announcment about a Zelda Trivia Quest I was going to start. I asked people to submit various Zelda trivia stuff I could use in the quest (for what's a trivia quest without trivia). It didn't get a single reply. I'm gonna post a new topic in GD soon, but I doubt anyone will reply to it either.... :(

balzac
03-12-2002, 04:50 AM
As I said... topic killer, right here. *points at self* :(

Daarkseid
03-12-2002, 02:28 PM
The surest way of NOT killing this topic was to knowingly double post to it(thus catching the attention of a moderator),balzac, this could be considered a warning.

theplustwo
03-12-2002, 03:36 PM
Double posting to re-enliven a thread is about as bad as writing 'don't quote me':D

The Silent Assassin
03-12-2002, 03:46 PM
...Well...I get both ends.

Sometimes I really am busy doing something...and I try to start a convo...but get too distracted...and the person feels I blow them off.

On the other hand, when talking to some "higher" ups, they always seem to say "brb" and never show up again...

Daarkseid
03-12-2002, 04:22 PM
Hey TSA, I was just looking at your signature... and it reminded me of a movie I saw, was that quote from the movie Wall Street?

The Silent Assassin
03-12-2002, 04:24 PM
Yes...all of my quotes come from Oliver Stone's 1987 Wall Street, with Charlie Sheen and Michael Douglas as Gordon Gekko, an insider trade tycoon.

Back to the topic...

balzac
03-13-2002, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by Daarkseid
The surest way of NOT killing this topic was to knowingly double post to it(thus catching the attention of a moderator),balzac, this could be considered a warning.

Well pardon the hell out of me for forgetting to hit EDIT! This really is "Shit on balzac Week" 'cause everybody's celebrating!

CH@O$
03-13-2002, 10:59 AM
its ok, i have the same effect on people, my family forgot my last two birthdays altogether, so we should stick together :D :D