PDA

View Full Version : Just an Idea...

theplustwo
03-09-2002, 02:46 PM
I think it would be useful if, at the bottom of a thread it showed the:

Armageddon Games Forums > Main Forums > General Discussion

links because when in long threads its annoying to have to scroll to the top (I know you could use the jump to forum drop down menu, but I like the links better)

So what do you think? It's just a suggestion.

The Savior
03-09-2002, 06:34 PM
I'm happy the way it is, but I wouldn't mind if they did add it. Shouldn't be too hard to do, either...

Drunken Tiger
03-10-2002, 05:03 AM
Are you really that lazy?!?!
I prefer it the way it is!!

*b*
03-10-2002, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by DrUnKeN TiGeR
Are you really that lazy?!?!

yes, yes we are. I think it'd be nice also!

Drunken Tiger
03-10-2002, 05:12 AM
And i take it that you guys also like links over drop menus???

inori
03-10-2002, 05:20 AM
As for putting your current location on the bottom of the page, I'm ambivalent. It's easy enough to press the HOME key and get back to the top...

One thing I would like to see, though (and I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned before) is for the "Who's Online" link to return to the front page of the forums. I like to go to Who's Online a lot, and it's kind of annoying having to click into something, then go through the drop-down menu, to get there. It's also hard to find, I think, for those who are new to AGN.

balzac
03-10-2002, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by inori
As for putting your current location on the bottom of the page, I'm ambivalent. It's easy enough to press the HOME key and get back to the top...

The keyboard is aufully underused today... :(

inori
03-10-2002, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by balzac
The keyboard is aufully underused today... :(

I guess maybe it is, by some people. Personally, I'm more comfortable with a keyboard than a mouse for a lot of functions. I'm used to typing a lot because my main activities on a computer involve more typing and less mousing.

Also, I have a laptop and do a lot of work on it. The thumb-button "mouse" thing is a royal pain in the butt to use ... so if something can reasonably be done with the keyboard, I've probably learned to do it that way, because it's a lot faster.

But maybe that's just me; maybe no one else ever touches their keyboard except to type posts anymore. I never said I was against the suggestion originally made ... I just really don't care one way or the other. If the admins want to add the location links at the bottom of pages, that's fine by me.

Jemsee
03-10-2002, 07:36 AM
When done posting a thread, and staying in GD I just hit "GO"
even befor it appears. If you put your mouse pointer where it will show up and click, it still works and you don't spend wating.

On the subject of links. I would like to see a link for "Newbie Central" on the front page and in the brop-down box.
Every time I want to refer to a rule or check somthing, I have to click into a post and look for the link.

goKi
03-10-2002, 07:41 AM
if i ever use those links, i use them to move backwards, and if i am that far down a page i just use the backspace key or back button.