PDA

View Full Version : Magical Vacation teasers from NP

vegeta1215
03-08-2002, 06:12 PM
Why oh why must Nintendo Power torture me so?!?

This months NP has a 4 page preview of Magical Vacation, yet at the end of the article it still says there is no planned US release date! Spit it out already Nintendo! We know it's coming, just tell us and stop messing with our heads! :mad:

On another note, there are a shit load of new and awesome looking games coming out for both GBA and GCN. Man I wish I had the money and time to buy and play all these new games :(

Daarkseid
03-08-2002, 06:31 PM
From what I know of Nintendo Power, if it says theres no release date, then what they most likely mean is that the game may not even be released in the US. I've read several articles in NP about some awesome game released or being released in japan, and the end of the articles always said "no release date yet" and then the game never comes. I believe they even did this with Dragon Warrior VI, saying that while there is no release date, that the localization and an American release were a sure thing, by the next year, NP acted as though the game never even existed.

vegeta1215
03-08-2002, 08:29 PM
I mean, 4 pages of preview stuff! Describing several different aspects of the game! Including the linking capabilities!

I hope that doesn't happen with Magical Vacation! :(

Daarkseid
03-08-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
I mean, 4 pages of preview stuff! Describing several different aspects of the game! Including the linking capabilities!

I hope that doesn't happen with Magical Vacation! :(

Thats exactly what happened to Dragon Warrior VI.

Mak-X
03-08-2002, 09:53 PM
Yeah, I remember those days of Nintendo Power, the first year or 2 of Epic Center before they took it away due to the N64's lack of rpgs (yes I know its back now). They previewed games like Fire Emblem (4pages), Dragon Quest 6, RPG Maker, Tales of Phantasia (2pages), Tactics Ogre (2-4pages, the game was eventually released on PSX), and a game similar to Earthbound in setting. At least they showed the great games we would never play, but those would have been great games if released here. RPGs just weren't as popular until FFVII came.

Did Nintendo publish Magical Vacation in Japan? By them previewing a game like that, it helps to create interest and hopefully a publisher will pick it up.

vegeta1215
03-08-2002, 10:07 PM
Yeah, I think MV is out in Japan already, and has been since December.

This is a direct quote from the article:
"We can see the anxious e-mails and letters in our minds now, so let us put your first question to rest: There is no current North American release date for Magical Vacation. Be assured, however, that Nintendo Power and Epic Center will keep our readers apprised of any new information that comes our way..."

And then it says even if MV isn't released here, Brownie Brown shows great promise as a long-term Nintendo partner.

Mak-X
03-08-2002, 10:12 PM
:( that's what they usually say. Hopefully it will find a publisher. Although I'm not that into it, I was glad when Ogrebattle 3 was finally released in the U.S. by Atlus. I wish a lot of Japan games would get released here like Doshin and Animal Leader just so we'd get more games for GCN and some original stuff that we would miss.

Warlock
03-09-2002, 10:32 AM
I'm pretty sure it's coming here.

Daarkseid
03-09-2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Warlock
I'm pretty sure it's coming here.

I think it will be, but Brownie Brown doesn't necessarily have offices in the US, so they would have to find someone in the US to localize their game. This is usually the problem with most games in Japan is that their American offices are too ill equipped to localize a game, or the Japanese game developer doesn't even have an American office to publish their games.

I remember Lufia II was supposed to be released in the US much earlier than it did, but the company that picked it up originally to localize it, dumped it at the last minute, leaving Lufia II's future uncertain until Natsume(I believe) came and released it here(and god bless Natsume, I can't imagine their Harvest Moon series ever being released in the US without them).