PDA

View Full Version : Fucking Beautiful! Must Look!

The Silent Assassin
03-08-2002, 10:30 AM
http://abacus.sj.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_422c114eec73828aba1bd6d7fb/i-2_B_L.JPG

Behold. The rarest video game on earth. HISTORY. The 1990 Nintendo Wold Championship CARTRIDGE USED in the FINAL ROUND of the Tournament. PowerFest 1990. What the Wizard alludes to.

You don't believe me how IMPORTANT THIS IS?

This is the current price it is at on E-bay

$2,075.69

AND THERE IS STILL 9 DAYS LEFT. YES...this will make close to 5,000 bucks. Maybe 10K. Dear god...I am like pissing my pants...I've only seen this once before...and that was in a 1993 Game mag that no longer exists.

Here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1338009148)

Master Ghaleon
03-08-2002, 10:35 AM
I never heard of it, what did you do in the game?

The Silent Assassin
03-08-2002, 10:36 AM
The 1990 Nintendo World Championships was a video game contest for prizes. Players had to play a timed version of Super Mario Bros. (Get 50 Coins), Rad Racer (Complete A Level), and Tetris (Just play for score) After 6-7 mins of play scores were calculated. 90 NWC Gray cartridges were used for the acutal contest and given to finalists as a consolation prize. Shortly after Nintendo Power held a contest for 26 Gold edition NWC cartridges that were exactly the same as what was used in the contest.

Mitsukara
03-08-2002, 10:38 AM
How do you know that this is the original cartridge, and not one of the other 26 cartridges (or even some sort of bootleg)?

The Silent Assassin
03-08-2002, 10:42 AM
Because I own one of the other 24 (he has one, I have one) others possibly in existance. I also have the Gray one.

He is missing the box it came in...that is understandable since he was not the original owner. But the last time I saw ANYONE that even HEARD OF THIS was in 1993 as I said, and it was some game reviewer saying he WISHED he had it...

However, I've been quiet about mine...but since somebody else knows about it...and HAS IT...I guess I can speak up now...damn...it was like seeing a ghost, it was that freaky to see that thing for me.

Now...I am waiting for somebody to sell the Super StarFox Weekend cartridge...that cost me 35 bucks from the Nintendo Super Supplies Catalog in 1993...I wonder how much it would go for nowadays...

Zeo
03-08-2002, 02:27 PM
Whoa.......it hasn't even hit reserve yet.............

I wonder if Zel and I could get that kinda money out of our complete Megaman Collection(1-6 Nitendo)...........

Mitsukara
03-08-2002, 02:58 PM
I wonder if Zel and I could get that kinda money out of our complete Megaman Collection(1-6 Nitendo)...........

This is the current price it is at on E-bay

$2,075.69

AND THERE IS STILL 9 DAYS LEFT. YES...this will make close to 5,000 bucks. Maybe 10K.

Am I correct in interpreting that as a joke, Zeo? To my knowledge, Megaman 2 sells for about $12.00, 3 for $14.00, and so on. For the first six games alone, if they were not only unused but still sealed as well, you might get $120 at best, and that seems highly unlikely.

Sfon
03-08-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Zeo
Whoa.......it hasn't even hit reserve yet.............

I really, really doubt it. I don't think those games would be too hard to collect by just keeping an eye on used game stores. The carts TSA is talking about, on the other hand, are rare.

The Desperado
03-08-2002, 04:30 PM
Correct me if im wrong, But doesnt the climax of the movie "The Wizard" starring Fred Savage climax at that Powerfest tournament?

jman2050
03-08-2002, 04:34 PM
Right and Wrong. Technically, it was an event called Video Armageddon and they had Ninja Gaiden and the "new" Super Mario bros. 3. It was a game tournament similar to the real one though.

I was also thinking about appraising some of my old games. I wonder how much my Fantastic Advnetures of Dizzy Gold Cart would sell for (considering it was only available through QVC, if I remember correctly).

The Desperado
03-08-2002, 04:39 PM
oh, I remember now. Thank you Jman

The Silent Assassin
03-08-2002, 05:22 PM
I've been chatting with this guy...I know how much it is worth...but out of gamer respect, I will not disclose how much. However...I did like how he valued the Gray Cart more...because it was what the gamers played.

The most Expensive NES games sold:

LoZ Gold Unopened fetches around 100-300 dollars depending on timing.

A collection of 691 games is at 660 dollars...all are opened and carts only.

Final Fantasy 1 unopened about 50-100 dollars.

Japanese FF1-3 Famicom - 300 dollars.

All the others...unless they are sealed...you don't have a chance...they go from 1-12 bucks max. It is TOO early to sell NES games unless they are sealed.

As for SNES:

Chrono Trigger and A Link to the Past unopened fetch the most.

CT goes from 200-800 dollars mint sealed.
ALttP goes 75-250 mint sealed.

As for N64...don't try. Gold OoT Sealed goes for a MAX of 100 bucks...not worth it.

If you hold out another 10 years, NES games will be Non-existant to obtain...except over e-bay...

vegeta1215
03-08-2002, 06:22 PM
Damn, so you have a copy of the grey cart TSA? Man, you have all the good Nintendo stuff (along with your Zelda collection) don't you? :D

When I get some time I'm gonna make a little web site with pics of my Zelda collection. I don't have any unopened games or anything, but I got alot of collectable stuff.

Double damn, people pay that much for unopened Lttp and CT games? I still have all the stuff that came in the boxes for those, in excellent condition. I don't have my Lttp box, but I have my CT one. along with the maps (one has 2300ad and it's printed backwards). Good stuff. I expecially like all the anime drawings in all the booklets.

MottZilla
03-09-2002, 03:32 AM
I wonder if this game is dumped. if not, maybe a dumper will go after it. They did that with EarthBound's prototype cart that ended up on ebay.

obi
03-09-2002, 05:13 AM
That means, if i keep all my 'good' nes game, after 10 years or so, i could get quite a bit....
Well, I opened up my soloman's key nes cart to find it only took up 1/3 of the actuall case!
My fave is 'Kabuki quantum fighter' and 'Lifeorce'
Love those games!

-TSA-That cart looks like it is gold plated?!?!:eek:

HMMM, I used to have a gold coloured nes zelda cart, I thnk it was Zelda2 - the one that ZC was NOT based on...I can't remeber what I did with that:confuse2:

MetaStaiford
03-09-2002, 12:47 PM
i saw a movie about the 1990 championship...

holy shit! that was real?!

i wonder whose going to get that cartridge, its probably worth its weight in platinum or diamond now

Mak-X
03-09-2002, 01:56 PM
I wish I would have bought the Starfox competition cartridge (that I never played) and the Donkey Kong Country competition cartridge just so I could go through all the stages in 5min like I had planned and practiced by didn't do when I played.