PDA

View Full Version : Fragments of Power re-release~

DarkFlameWolf
03-08-2002, 02:42 AM
dang, wouldn't you know it, the one 'oddball' level I hated turned out to be the one I revamped. Level 2! And I made sure you COULDN'T get stuck in level 1 or 2 like you could before. Will the walkthrough adhere to the new level 2? No. I added a new room, a new key and locked door and a new puzzle. So the walkthrough will be somewhat inconsistant in the level 2 section.... So....heh. But as a whole, this game should NOW be FINALLY bug free and ready to submit for the contest, that is, unless one of the rules they lay down casts it back out again! lol :kawaii: (I also added one more secret rupee room to the first 8 dungeons!)
http://www.planetdescent.com/darkwolf/temporary/fragmentsofpower.zip

bleh, due to some complications, I'm backing out on the contest, this quest will not be entered nor am I making a new quest for the contest. May the best win it, I guess....

Foxx
03-10-2002, 08:15 AM
Valiant effort, but the link doesn't work. :spin:

DarkFlameWolf
03-10-2002, 01:15 PM
actually, I just clicked on it and downloaded it to my computer and opened it up. What browser are you using? If its IE, then I suggest using Netscape or Opera to open that link.

Immortal Warrior
03-10-2002, 03:41 PM
It works for me to, and I'm using IE

Raichu86
03-10-2002, 10:27 PM
Maybe now I can get past level 2. :laughing:

Originally posted by DarkFlameWolf

actually, I just clicked on it and downloaded it to my computer and opened it up. What browser are you using? If its IE, then I suggest using Netscape or Opera to open that link.

OMFG somebody suggested using Opera?! :odd: :eek: Somebody get me to the emergency room...

(I use Opera ALL the time)

DarkFlameWolf
03-10-2002, 10:56 PM
Opera is the best!

Foxx
03-11-2002, 12:36 AM
Hmh, it worked for me this time around. Go figure. :eyebrow:

This quest is a very good one, I can see it very closely follows the style of The Revenge I. But don't we even get an overworld map? :tongue: It isn't necessary; it's just that we players have gotten spoiled on that feature, so when we don't get it we rattle our spacebars in frustration. :spin: Are you sure there are only 20 pieces of heart in this quest? It seems to me there's one on every other screen (none of which I can get to.... yet).

The level design strongly resembles PrinceMSC's as well, I can see. I like the new item rooms, and the use of puzzles other than block-pushing ones. But in the second key room in level 2, you can get the key by pushing the block; you don't have to light the torches. It's a ZC bug, sad but true. :shy:

Other than that, way to go... I've finished level 2 and found level 3, and am ready to rock and roll.

DarkFlameWolf
03-11-2002, 04:36 AM
actually, that is fixed in this new version, that ZC bug you just pointed out. The block no longer moves, the door opens when all enemies are destroyed and the block dissappear upon lighting a brazier. So it all works out. And I added a key where the red candle was, so if you got the candle before, you're probably not going to get the key and you're probably not going to enter the new room where the red candle was moved to. no matter. And design style similar to Revenge? o_O Geez, whenever I try and use the BS tileset to its fullest capabilities, people compare it to Revenge 1! I wasn't even copying off Revenge 1 when I made this, I was basically looking at each screen and thinking: how can I make this more detailed? and just kept adding stuff.

Emaleth of Donn
03-31-2002, 05:48 AM
Thought I'd take a break from L8 in finding the boss room so meandered to the Domo room. Argh! lol, thought there was a bug in the Patra room since I could see with the lens where the warp tile was but nothing else after I got the 2...

Was wondering what my sword was hitting... nasty :-) But did get through it finally! And with regards to the Boss in L8, I know it is right under my nose, but couldn't be bothered at the moment, although to get into the Death level, I'm sure I'll have to go back and finish it.

But not doing too bad in my books with only 14 hearts. Great quest!

PrinceMSC
03-31-2002, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by DarkFlameWolf
...And design style similar to Revenge? o_O Geez, whenever I try and use the BS tileset to its fullest capabilities, people compare it to Revenge 1! I wasn't even copying off Revenge 1 when I made this, I was basically looking at each screen and thinking: how can I make this more detailed? and just kept adding stuff.

Sweetie, no one said you was copying, otay. Well , besides the 80% of your quest. But you can't help it, if you are a thief.:tongue:

By the way, I'm kidding.:laughing:

:king: PrinceMSC:king:

DarkFlameWolf
03-31-2002, 11:59 AM
I'm trying to read and understand the post right above your Prince and well.....I'm confused on what the heck this guy is talking about! :odd:

Emaleth of Donn
03-31-2002, 01:30 PM
?? I know I am writing in English, is it that hard DFW?

The level between 8 and the last dungeon, where you can get the mirror shield, 200 rupie, etc. (maybe I got the name wrong, is that the confusion?) In the upper right room with the Patras, after you kill the 2 Patras the warp tile and the bottom door leading to the sword do not open. When you look through the lens, all you can see is the tile where the warp will be... that's it.

After going through a couple of deaths bombing, pushing, using the candle etc trying to trigger it, I had accidently hit my sword button in the vicinity of the upper left area of the room, hearing the sound that ZC makes when you hit a Boss, I realized that there was an invisible boss there (what I never found out), a few more strokes of luck though and the warp tile & door finally worked.

Now is that so hard to understand?

If you did not although, plan to have an invisible boss in that room, then perhaps it is a bug. I suppose some people just need everything explained in massive detail eh?

JayeM
03-31-2002, 01:37 PM
bleh, due to some complications, I'm backing out on the contest Whassup, DWF? Why are you backing out?

DarkFlameWolf
03-31-2002, 04:08 PM
dang, no need to be hyper critical. I just didn't understand your post. Now it is a bug,b ecause there are four patras in that room and I did NOT make any of them invisible. What version are you using?

Emaleth of Donn
03-31-2002, 04:27 PM
Sorry, bad day with lingering flu and took it out on the first victim I saw and you didn't deserve that.

And there were 4 Patras there? I am using the 1.92 beta and there were only 2 Patras showing on the screen. No wonder while I was dodging the statues I still got hit more times than I should have. Other than that, the rest of the dungeon was fine. Got about a 4th through the last level and decided a break was needed when I started swearing at it..lol

Might be something to do with the 1.92 beta then as many of the peahats are black squares and/or other enemies inserted, not just in yours but in other quests as well. I deleted the former versions as I can play 1.90 quests with it, and also found out I can also play 1.92 quests on the newer ZC Beta. But at this time, haven't played enough to see if it shows the black squares too.

DarkFlameWolf
03-31-2002, 04:30 PM
yes, I played it just now myself in 1.92, it is a bug of the version, not my quest. 1.92 doesn't seem to like the oval patras. (or the big circle, didn't quite catch, but its one of the two)
So try playing it in 1.90, which the quest was intended for. Everything should work fine. Furthermore, I uploaded a new version with two new rooms in levle 9 and a helpful potion free of charge if you can get to it. :D